1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Plus info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I am in the market for an O/U and was looking at a couple Browning Citori Plus used guns today. I don't know anything about the recoil system. I like the high adj rib. What should I be looking for in regards to the condition of the recoil system and does anyone work on them if need be?
    Thanks,
    Doug Allison

2. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

They are very simple to repair,but if you need parts they may have to be made You can always replace it with another type if you have to.I have not hand any problems in any of ours but one and it was easy to fix at no cost,just a little grinding.

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I am in the market for an O/U and was looking at a couple Browning Citori Plus used guns today. I don't know anything about the recoil system. I like the high adj rib. What should I be looking for in regards to the condition of the recoil system and does anyone work on them if need be?
    Thanks,
    Doug Allison

4. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

They are very simple to repair,but if you need parts they may have to be made You can always replace it with another type if you have to.I have not hand any problems in any of ours but one and it was easy to fix at no cost,just a little grinding.

5. kenf

kenf Active Member

I believe Stu Wright bought the old tooling from Timney for the replacement recoil units. If not, I'm sure Arts Gun Shop could get you fixed up. They used to be available for around $100

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The system should compress and you should hear a click. The manual describes it as breaking the recoil into two smaller sections. Mark

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I bought a Timney replacement many years ago and never regretted it. A machinist friend tried to rebuild the original but it was a lost cause. If you can't find a replacemt go to a Gracoil. It WORKS and it's reasoable but not adj. for for LOP.

8. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Gracoil #GC15LP has an adjustable LOP.

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Updated my post. Dave P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.