1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***Citori maintainance book or video***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barkingspider21, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I am looking for either video or written directions on how to dismantle the receiver on my Citori XT to replace springs and stuff anybody got any suggestions?? Thanks. Woody Sullivan

2. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

3. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Thanks Dan, just what I needed. Woody Sullivan

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If you are going to replace springs, particularly the hammer springs, you best obtain a spring tool from someone like Brownells first. You're not likely to get the springs out undamaged without some sort of tool. You will also remove them with the hammers down on the firing pins. Digging around in the action with screwdriver or needle nose pliers is a great way to break something or lose a spring and rod....or an eye!

This is a tool I copied from a Browning gunsmith. It's made from a decent quality 4" diagonal cutter. I used a Dremel to ground a 1/8" hole that straddles the jaws right at the tip. When the tool is in use, the hole is clamped over the end of the spring rod with the smooth back side of the jaws against the back of the hammer. The tool is then pulled, not levered, to compress the spring enough that the end of the spring rod can be removed from its pocket in the back of the hammer. The hole is the jaws is big enough that it doesn't clamp onto the spring rod; it just encircles it. The edge of the hole has been gently smoothed where the jaws bear against the spring rod. As long as the tool is held closed and controlled, the spring and rod can't escape. <center>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] </center>

<br><br>This is the mainspring spring tool Brownells sells for $15. The notch in the flattened end fits over the hammer end of the spring rod. You pull the tool away from the hammer to disengage the rod from the hammer. It works but it's a lot more difficult to control than mine, especially when replacing the spring. Let it get to the wrong angle and the rod and spring will be launched!<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Keller

5. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

Keller is correct, and make sure you are wearing safety glasses.

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And make sure the area the spring zips off to, isn't cluttered with say, 10,000 empties. Seems like I always have to chase one down, if I'm lucky. ;-)

Bob Falfa

7. Unknown1

<blockquote><I>"And make sure the area the spring zips off to, isn't cluttered with say, 10,000 empties.</I></blockquote>Wise words...The gunsmith who showed me how to use the tool suggested that the first couple of times I remove springs I should do it in an empty cardboard wad box with a bath towel inside. He was right.

Keller

8. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

See link. Mark

9. Unknown1

Clean the receiver with mineral spirits or charcoal lighter fluid, not alcohol.

Never continue tightening a hammer pin to get the flats on the head of the pin to line up with the slot in the ejector rod. If it doesn't line up properly when the hammer pin gently bottoms, back the pin off until it does.

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.