1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Lightning or Hunter for Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BostonTrap, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BostonTrap

BostonTrap TS Member

May 10, 2011
    Hi Guys,

I am looking to purchase a Citori but am not sure which model to choose. I shoot trap once or twice a week and also do some Upland hunting. I was thinking about a 12 gauge, 28" barrel in either the lightning or the hunter so I can use it for both of my needs.

Will either one of these make a decent trap gun? I'm not looking to go pro but I do shoot 75-150 rounds each time I go the trap club so I don't want to beat my shoulder up either. Right now I am shooting a 30" Wingmaster and it can be unpleasant after an afternoon of 75+ shells.

I know the gas operated semi auto shotguns have the least recoil but I really am not interested in purchasing one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  2. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Dec 25, 2007
    Both the Citori's you mention weigh enough in the 12 gauge versions so that recoil will probably not be an issue (especially with 1 oz trap loads). If it were me, I would prefer the 625 Sporting, as it has an excellent recoil pad, and the pistol grip offers more control when shooting pre-mounted (for most shooters). Plus, the 32" barrels offer better swing control, in my opinion.

I would even prefer a Citori XS to those models you mentioned, as I have learned to quick-mount the longer, high-combed clays guns in field situations (since that is all I shoot). You may find the XS a bit too bulky for hunting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.