1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori lever throw

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Southpaw Sam, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

Question for experienced Browing Citori owners or gunsmiths---What is required to change the direction of lever opening (for left hand shooter)?

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

Why change it. It is easier to push than pull the lever. After almost 60 years of pushing I would not want to pull the lever.

3. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I have to agree with oletymer.Being a left hand shooter I too find it much easier to push than pull the top latch. and I have been doing it for 25 years.

George Ware

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

If I were a right handed shooter I would be asking your question. Much easier to push than pull.

Robert

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I shot right handed for more than 50 years but was forced to switch to lefty a couple of years ago. The lever was NOT a problem AT ALL!

6. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

With a weakening grip from arthritis, I would think pulling the lever would be easier than pushing however, OLETYMER, and BROWNING BOY ,both of you certainly should be able to talk from experience. Pumps were all I shot 25 years back when I stopped shooting.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

If there is adequate clearance in front of the lever, I think I could change it. Of course, the lever would have to be rotated 180 degrees and it might block some of the rib.

Pat Ireland

8. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Another lefty here- PUSH it!!!

Larry

9. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Of all the Perazzi's I have owned , I still think is it is a hassle to push the lever because of the long throw. But it is much nicer on the Krieghoff since the lever throw is much shorter. What is really nice is the Ljutic, Bowen and Seitz plus Alfermann for us lefties. Bill Cole can change his to left hand opening, he did it for me to try. I liked it much better. I shoot all field guns the way they come with no problem.Not much choice there. I asked Bonillas about the Perazzi and he said it could not be done. It can be done, they just don't want to fool with it. Krieghoff built a left hand opening top lever some year's back for a skeet shooter. I would like to know if they can set that up now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.