1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Gran Lightning Experts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hitapair, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Saw a 16ga Gran Lightning on GA the other day. Have seen Gran Lightnings in 12 and 20 but not in 16. Was this a special order item as I can't find it in old catalogs either?

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

All of the 16 gauge Citori's are limited special runs that dealers such as Bill Hanus Birdguns, Reed's Sporting Goods, Scheel's, Cabela's, Bass Pro and others sold. There was a run of them in the 1980's and then several production runs since about 2003. The last run in 2007 did not have any Gran Lightnings in it. The have been some firing pin issues with the 16 gauge guns shooting Remington Game Loads (particularly the Lightning Feathers). They are/were available in quite a few configurations and grades. Sales seemed to have slowed down and some places are selling the 16 gauges at reduced prices (not talking Gran Lightnings here). I have four of them and really like the Lightning Feather shooting B&P shells for shooting doves. Getting ready to give this gun a workout with
    ten straight days of dove hunting starting September 1st. The one I shoot is a gun I bought used and someone had put a recoil pad on it. I upgraded the pad to a Hi-Viz X-coil pad and had a adjuatable position trigger put on it. A very pleasant and light weight gun to shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.