1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Ejector Trip Rod Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I have a 1978 Vintage Type 2 Citori Trap Combo. I am fairly certain the trip rod for the top barrel (left side)is worn preventing the barrel from ejecting but was wondering if anyone might have a Citori shop manual that might reference the specifications for the part and proper fitting procedure if necessary. Is it a drop in part? The bottom barrel works fine. I do not see anything obviously wrong with the sear, ejector hammer or ejector hammer spring. The ejector hammer does lock into position and I can trip it manually. Something that is very curious is that if I take the action out of the stock and manually slide the trip rod to its full out (forward) position and then push it back in flush with the receiver, put the action back into the stock, hook the barrel on, drop in a snap cap and fire the top barrel, it will eject it. One time only. If I drop the snap cap back in and try again, the fired shell will just extract, not eject. Any ideas would be helpful.

Jeff

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

TTT

Jeff

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

up

JK

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Nobody has ever had a similar problem? Wow. I feel special!

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.