1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori ejector extension screw

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike b., Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike b.

mike b. Member

Any help on removing this notchless, smoothface screw that retains and moves the ejector. A screwdriver notch would have made things simpler ! Thanks in advance. Mike B.

2. mike b.

mike b. Member

Borrowed picture off this site, but it's the visable round screw in the ejector.

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Mike, the piece that you are looking at is not a screw. The screw is farther forward. Slide the ejector back all the way and you will see the screw in front of the part that you are looking at. One of mine is broken and I need to get it drilled out, but it works fine without it.

Gne J

4. mike b.

mike b. Member

Found the screw you mentioned under the forward hole (not shown in photo and covered with lubricant). A jewelers screwdriver removed it. Whole ejector assembly then slid out. A set of pliers took out the screw I had to replace and same pliers put "Ejector Retaining Pin (screw)" back in. Then retightened forward screw and job was done ! Thanks again !

5. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

<blockquote>"A set of pliers took out the screw I had to replace and same pliers put "Ejector Retaining Pin (screw)" back in."</blockquote>

That's a rather brutal way to install one of these pins but I suppose it will work. Before we made a tool for this, my husband used a pair of pliers that had V notches in the end of the jaws for gripping and installing spring wire hode clamps. These worked well and did not mar the pin.

The pin should be installed will blue threadlocker and then once it's tight, turn the ejector over and expand the end of the threaded section with a center punch indentation right in the middle to keep the pin from backing out. I lost several pins that either backed out or sheared off of our XTs. Until we converted the ejectors to extractors by changing springs, we carried spare fitted ejectors in case the pin came out.

Carol Lister

6. mike b.

mike b. Member

Carol, Locktited the screw and didn't leave a visable mark on the part. But it probably wouldn't have hurt anything regardless. Was trying to emphasize it was a screw to other poster. Like the centerpunch idea and will tap it next cleaning. Also bought 2 when I ordered them.

7. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Actually, Ed, since this part lacks the physical characteristics normally descriptive of "pin", it would more properly be labeled a "stud".

Lister

8. mike b.

mike b. Member

Actually Ed and Carol, the ["Ejector Retaining Pin (screw)" ] is exactly as it is labeled by Brownells. Job done, thanks all, semantics be damned ! mb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

install ejector pin screw in citori