1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori cocking lever lifter - whats the trick ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bluskyshooter, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Help ! When giving an old Citori a thorough cleaning, I dis-assembled the cocking lever lifter (spring loaded slide part on bottom of barrel). Now, for the life of me ... I cant figure out the trick of re-assembling the slide action. Seems like there needs to be some way of keeping the spring depressed .. until the roll pin can be inserted. If anyone knows the trick to re-assembling this part .... I sure would appreciate it if you could share the secret.
    thanks in advance, Brian

2. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Never mind - I figured it out. In case it helps anyone - what I did was find a finish nail with a shank diameter a close fit to the hole. Grind down the tip of the nail ... as if to put a chisel point on it. Then, install the lifter and spring. Slide the lifter in just far enough .. till you see the end of the spring come in to view thru the roll pin hole. Take the nail (orient the chisel the correct way) and work it in ... so that the chisel point slides past the end of the spring. Continue to push the nail in ... and the chisel point will compress the spring. Keep pushing the nail thru ... and follow right behind the nail with the roll pin. The spring will stay compressed ... as the roll pin follows the end of the nail thru. Or something like that ! Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning citori cocking lever lifter
browning cocking lever

cant attach citori barrel due to cocking lever

citori cocking lever pin b1331023
citori trap cannot attach barrel
cocking lever lift browning cintorie
how to change the cocking lever lifter on a briwning citori
installing top lever spring on citori