1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mac66, Sep 20, 2013.

1. mac66

mac66 Member

Will a Citori unsingle barrel fit a Citori Plus and if not could a gunsmith fit it so it would .

2. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Citori barrels are mated to their original receivers at the factory and unlike Beretta, for example, are not built to be installed on another receiver. There will be problems with headspace, the forend stud location and the location of the trunions that pivot the barrel on the receiver which affect the relationship of the barrels chamber to the receiver breach face. Occasionally you may find one that will fit, but the odds are that it will not. If the headspace is less than the minimum needed, there will be a gap between the face of the barrels chamber and the breach face of the receiver and it will not be safe to shoot.

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I was told by Guns Unlimited that the Mono-block on the Unsingle, which is sold in blued only, is different from the Combo (which is the silver receiver). I own lots of Citoris. None of my O/U barrels come even close to closing on the my blued Un-single receiver. All of them appear about 1/8" too long. They all come very close or do close on all of my other receivers. Some truth to his story...?

JK

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

The rib height will be a problem too.