1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori 425 for ATA Trap Doubles???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DustyOne60, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

I am planning to begin shooting doubles at Registered Shoots. I recently obtained a Browning 425. Nice gun... 30 inch barrels...Invector plus and back bored...standard stock etc. Can this become an effective doubles gun? Are modifications available to make a good doubles gun?
    Thanks!!

2. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

What are you shooting for singles and handicaps? 425 will probably shoot kind of flat, so it might be a different sight picture, if your singles gun is a trap gun. Better than not being able to shoot doubles. Have fun. Mark

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It has the potential to work just fine for you...first thing to do is go somewhere you can shoot practice doubles and see what you find in a real world test on 50 pair...an adj. comb can never hurt even for sporting so you can dial in a ideal POI for your shooting style as fast shooters generally like a high shooter to hit them on a fast rise

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I bought one for doubles as I shot a field grade 1100 for singles. I found it shot too flat for me. I used it for skeet and sporting clays and shot my best scores with it. I sold it and bought an XT for doubles but still can't shoot doubles worth a crap. I do miss the 425 for skeet and sporting though.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remington 3200 has fast mechanical triggers and an adjustable POI. HMB

7. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Shot my best doubles scores with my Browning 425 with a factory adjustable comb (set about 60/40) and 32" barrels. I recommend you consider having a 4-way adjustable comb installed. Mine works well for all: trap, skeet, and sporting, but I kinda wish it had 30" barrels. Best Regards, Ed

8. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I've got a 425 and find it shoots flat fom me. Great Sporting Clays gun for me. Now an adjustable comb, that would be nice for trap.

9. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.