1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

citori 4 barrel set for 525 briley tube set

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by john ellis, Aug 29, 2013.

1. john ellis

john ellis Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

My tube sets are getting to heavy for me. I would like to trade my 525 grade 3 sporting-with briley ultralite skeet tubes,20-28-410-with screw chokes in both the gun and tubes. this was a backup to my main skeet gun and has not seen a lot of service. I had Todd Nelson add an adj. comb and have finished the stock with hi gloss-14 1/2 lop over a decelerator pad. I will sell with a americase 2 barrel tube set case for $3300--this shotgun has an exceptional stock and fore end. I would like to trade it for a citori 4 barrel skeet set--lets go guys and gals--what you got--John Ellis-sell price reduced-pictures by email-if interested-thanks John

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

John,

May I suggest another option for you to consider.

I replaced my Browning 425 Sporting with a full set of Briley Ultra Lite tubes with a Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting three barrel set (20, 28 and .410). My tube set weighed in at a little over ten pounds and the Guerini tips the scale at just eight pounds including a Gracoil recoil reducer. The Guerini has 32" barrels where the Browning was 30". The Guerini is more responsive and that took me some time to master but I am shooting it better than the tube set at Skeet. I have to say the CG .410 is the best Skeet gun I have had and I have owned several .410's including a Browning 525 32".

When I hit 70 I new dropping a couple of pounds was the right thing to do.

Jim Skeel<br>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

3. john ellis

john ellis Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Jim-I just had my 75th birthday--thanks for your words--I will consider the Guerini set. thanks John

4. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I also had to drop some GUN weight at 65 years old...my 10(+) lb. tube set gun was just wearing me out.

I found a 28" 4 barrell Browning skeet set with screw in chokes on all barrels. I It came with a mud wood finish so I traded the stock off higher grade Special Skeet Edition I had..and refinished the forearm to a high gloss to match. Then I bought a bunch of Browning Diana Grade extended chokes and am as happy as a pig in slop. ...and the gun is beautiful to boot.

With a Graco Reducer with adjustable lop and an adjustable Graco Comb...the weight comes in a little under 9 lbs. Still heavy enough to provide all the advantages of a heavy tube set's smooth swing....but loosing a lb., feels like the gun weighs half as much. A lb. makes a heck of a difference ..but still isn't whippy. I believe anything lighter would have been a mistake for me.

Another added bonus is after beating the tubes in and out of my tube set for so long...it has become a real pleasure to change barrels in 10 seconds just because I can..lol.

Good luck...Stan

5. john ellis

john ellis Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

6. john ellis

john ellis Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

7. john ellis

john ellis Member

Rating - 100%