1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citizenship Test - MSN.com

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by spitter, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

On this morning's MSN.com, there is a link for the latest "citizenship" test sample questions... unfortunately I don't have the skill set to cut and paste the link here... but taking the 20 questions - some more difficult than others, I was able to pass with 95% (not too shabby for a natural born American!)

At least the test wasn't a "gimme"... some of the questions took some thought...

If anyone can post, it'd be appreciated!

regards all,

Jay

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

here you go.

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Guess I need to study up a bit I only got 90%.

Jimmy

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

100% - but I "cheated". I became a US citizen in 2005 so I had to study this stuff.

I read somewhere that most natural born Americans will score about 65% on the Citizenship Exam. I live near Detroit, and I doubt the scores there would average more than 40% - they can barely read and write.

Don Verna (dual citizen US/Canada)

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I guess I can stay in my native country, the USA (born here many, many years ago). My 100% says I remember my Civics, U.S. History and other related courses from the 1950's era.

6. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Speaking of dual citizenships; I've always wondered why a citizen of another country can become a U.S. citizen and still retain their original citizenship, but if they are a U.S. citizen they must renounce it to become a citizen of another country.

Whyizzat?

7. ctreay

ctreay Member

Dunno there kiv-c, My parents were both born in the UK and thier families emigrated to Canada around 1915. They came to the States about 1930 and were naturalized in the '40s. My mother always said she would be English till she died.

ctreay

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

A foreign born child of an American Serviceman who married a non citizen is able to retain both American Citizenship and the mothers homeland citizenship. It can be kind of nice unless you happen to get drafted for military service in both contries at the same time.

9. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

To kiv-c, if you become a citizen of a foreign country you do not renounce your U.S. citizenship any more but there are serious questions on the application to renew your U.S. passport.

10. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Knew that history degree would be good for something besides operating a museum, wish I could shoot a 100 straight that easy..

11. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Here is a little Constitutional trivia questions for you guys: (1)Is there an active ammendment out there for the states to ratify? (2) What ammendment was "
    Left" off the Constitution when it was approved by the states?

12. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I have to wonder if O'numbnuts could pass this test,,,,,,,,,

13. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Dual citizenship is a problem for the USA. If we had "immigrants" completely assimilating into our culture with complete and absolute loyalty to the constitution (written in English), then we would not be having the problems that we do today.

I am so sick of immigrants and illegal immigrants coming to America to just suck us like a tick on a hound. They should publicly renounce their foreign citizenship upon becoming naturalized U.S. citizens. Anyone caught crossing the border to vote, whether it be a NATZ, USC going back to their home country to vote, i.e., Canada, Mexico, I don't care if they fly across the pond and vote in France, England, etc..., they should automatically have their U.S. citizenship revoked and be deported back to their beloved country that they needed to vote in as a DUAL CITIZEN!

Flame away, but either we are truly Americans or we are doomed... Those that have DUAL CITIZENSHIP need to freaking choose and then live with it and in it!!! Wow, mildly clever for me.... HAHA

14. Damifino

Damifino Member

Don't need to take the test - I have a birth certificate - The long form signed by a doctor and the hospital admin.

15. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Sure thought it was Madison. Oh well, 95% ain't bad for a senior citizen.

Buz