1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Circuit Judge .410/.45 Long Colt

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeeljc, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I am sure that is it. Barrels usually have a right hand twist. A choke with a rhght hand thread would be loosened by the rotating bullet or shot charge.

Jim Skeel

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've seen a couple of these guns in action. Don't waste you time or money if you want to hit the broad side of a barn at 50 yrds. These are definitely MOB (minute of barn) guns.

ss

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've always wondered what these guns can do that a 357 mag, 44 Special, 45 Colt or 44 mag can't do? About the only use I can see is putting out a lot more bird shot for use against snakes.

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

you better get them while you can this will be a banned gun soon. good collector

5. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Ricks1,

Why do you feel that it will be banned? The Circuit Judge(long gun) is of a much less of an issue that the standard Judge(hand gun)

6. Brian in Oregon

It's a long gun? Wow, that's like... even more useless. What can it do that a Rem 870 or Mossberg 500 in .410 can't?

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

A couple of things to think about......how do you "plug" a revolving shotgun for legal hunting in many states which require a maximum capacity of three shots......

Another thing...I've measured the chamber throats of many Judges (after getting complaints of severe leading from customers) and found them to be about ten to twelve thousandths oversize for a 45 cal. I guess they weren't really meant to shoot lead bullets after all, no matter what the advertising says. (throats measure .462 to .464 dia...should be .452 to .454).

What do you say to the Republik of Illinois game warden when he sees you with a five or six shot revolving shotgun, one or two of the chambers loaded with "ball" ammo and you're hunting birds...or if it is rifled, you are hunting birds with a rifle....or if you are shooting the smoothbore model and have shot and ball ...oh well, it is just wrong. Too many problems to solve this late at night. A great solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Our shop sent more Taurus (Tauri?) for repair back to the factory (new ones) than any two of the other kinds of guns we sell. Since Taurus makes Rossi, and the Circuit Judge is a Rossi, expect to have problems.

8. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

I hope you are not saying that because it does not fit into the traditional mold of a hunting gun and it has poor demensions for shooting 45 ammo it will be banned.

9. Brian in Oregon

Vern, revolving carbines are cool. If they're set up for a single cartridge so they have some semblance of accuracy. The problem with this gun is the same as the .410/.45 Colt handgun. It's a compromise. If it was .45 only it would be pretty cool. Same if it was a .410 only.

There have been revolving carbines in the past. Uberti used to sell one many years ago. They're fun, but drawbacks are lead spitting from the cylinder gap onto your forearm (which this shotgun has addressed with a shield) and the increased noise inherent with revolvers because of the cylinder gap. And detachable stocks were made by Colt for their Single Action Army models, back in the days of the Old West.

10. Brian in Oregon

Vern, BTDT many times. I have several guns buried in the back of my safe that haven't seen daylight in many years. Some are project guns that never got finished.

I checked the Uberti website (see link) and they're still making their revolving carbine in 45 Colt.

I haven't been hunting since early November, end of deer season. My son got a nice, fat little buck. I got skunked. My daughter told me she wanted to go deer hunting... three days after the tag sale deadline. We'll get her out next year. She also wants to go varmint and coyote hunting in the spring.

In the meantime, I've been laid up with a serious lung infection going on five weeks now. Had planned to snow hunt coyotes Thanksgiving week, but I was bed ridden. Going to try again in January or February, depending on how my recovery goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

circuit judge forums

circuit judge trap shoot

new 2015 ammo for the judge 410-45 long colt hand gun

trap shooting with circuit judge 410