1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ciener .22/AR-15 Conversion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TALLEND, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

Gentlemen,Ladies,and the rest of ya'll--------anyone with personal experience,useing the Ciener.22/AR-15 conversion????

In the latest Brownell"online catalogue",they also have a conversion for about 50.00 more than Ceiner------but with a lifetime warrantee..

TNX,Tom

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Tom, I have no personal experience with that unit. I was recently shopping for a 22LR conversion for my 45ACp and every dealer and two manufacturers who used to have Ceiner OEM their slides warned me off. No one had a kind word for their attitude or customer service. Most had horror stories. If I had to mention the language used here I'd have to write it as %*$%^&**(!!!.

Check out Tactical Solutions, etc.

3. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

zzt

As a serious pistol shooter, I can tell you that the Marvel unit is an excellent consideration for the 1911 pistol. They are a bit light so get the steel compensater as a muzzle weight or get the rock river steel scope mount base.

I would like to know what is a good AR conversion. There are $1400 units out there that are super quality (cant recall ythe name just now) but I dont know about lesser units

4. ouch

ouch Member

Several times I have started to order a .22 conversion kit for my Mini-14 from J.A..Ceiner, But I keep seeing these bad reports about them/him.

Does any one make a kit for the Mini, And for 4000 or 6000 series Smith and Wesson autos. Thanks, Richard

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Having owned and used most of Ciener's kits, I can say that they are okay. it is his attitude and customer service that suck. The ones being sold by Brownells now are the ones marketed by CMMG but still made by Ciener. However, you have CMMG's customer service available.
    A better choice for an ar15 conversion is a used US Air Force conversion unit which vents off some of the gas and minimize fouling but also has a bolt hold open lock after the last shop. These units can be identified by the white plastic magazines they come with. I have one of these and like it a lot. Cost me $185.00 JM

6. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

Your so much better with a dedicated complete 22lr top end. Shooting lr's thru a ar barrel causes a lot of leading especially if you have a comp on it and can cause a bulge or worse if you let it get bad enough and then shoot centerfire thru it..

7. GunCSI

GunCSI TS Member

Stay away from Ceiner's stuff and buy the dedicated upper. If for some reason your Ceiner unit doesn't work, there is absolutely zero customer service. Once they have your money, they have no further use for you. Take a look at the Tactical Solutions version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.