Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CICERO NY swamp

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Bob Griffith 
#1 ·
Do you need rubber boots/hip waters to shoot Cicero Ny. Understand its in a swamp? LOL

#5 ·
To clarify, the gounds do sit on the edge of Ciciero swamp. Given some extreme rains like we had in '06 during the state shoot, flooding can happen. With this being said, it is no different than any other club when normal rains happen. You can get standing water & mud so it is always best to have the appropriate foot wear for all occasions. Much as been done over the years to help with drainage & things are much better than in the old days. I don't think anything more than regular duck boots or Gore Tex shoes are in order for those rainy days. Our campsite is #113 & the back of our RV is litteraly about 15 feet from the drop off into the swamp & we don't have any trouble.

Now, as for the "skeeters", the are alive & well! Big suckers too! As you get near the evening hours they seem to get hungry so come prepared for these little monsters! :)

#7 ·
I depends. I went there one time and took a little walk through the 'swamp. The darn thing was really dry and the frog population scarce. Other times a good pair of high boots was barely adaquate for shooting. I pulled out of that place a few years ago when it never seemed to stop raining and I left my canoe at home.

It's a place that has interesting weather!!

#9 ·
Empire Grand May 8-12...Would be prudent to bring snow shoes. Yes, we shot in snow one year.

I would highly recommend taking along a pair of knee high boots. I am not trying to put Cicero down, but the lay of the land, and the difficult to predict weather, makes knee highs a must..Error on the side of caution.

In May you never know, could be 30 degrees or could be 80. That's NY weather !

Dave in SC

#15 ·
Yes, what Puablo said is very true! The weather can be fickle, but the targets are GREAT & so are the people. I would have quit years ago if it were not for the wonderful people I have come to know over the years. Going to the big shoots at our home grounds is all I do for my vacation time & look forward to every thing except leaving on Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.