1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Churchill on Islam....Chilling!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Luckyman, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

CHURCHILL ON ISLAM

Unbelievable, but the speech below was written in 1899! (check Wikipedia - The River War)

I am sending the attached short speech from Winston Churchill, delivered by him in 1899 when he was a young soldier and journalist. It probably sets out the current views of many but expressed in the wonderful Churchillian turn of phrase and use of the English language, of which he was a past master. Sir Winston Churchill was, without doubt, one of the greatest men of the late 19th and 20th centuries. He was a brave young soldier, a brilliant journalist, an extraordinary politician and statesman, a great war leader and Prime Minister, to whom the Western world must be forever in debt. He was a prophet in his own time; He died on 24 January 1965, at the grand old age of 90 and, after a lifetime of service to his country, was accorded a State funeral.

HERE IS THE SPEECH:

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Sir Winston Churchill; (Source: The River War, first edition, Vol. II, pages 248-50 London )

Churchill saw it coming...............!!!

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Hmmm. Has some spelling errors.

And your point?

3. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I see no spelling errors, only archaic spellings, correct and customary at the time. And the full title is: "The River War: An Historical Account of the Reconquest of the Soudan". That spelling was also correct.

Anyway, and to the point of the quotation, nothing much has changed.

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Spelling and grammar has, in fact, changed a lot since 1899. Unfortunately, it has changed tenfold just in the last three years. We are doomed, and not just from the immoral doctrines of the Muslims, but from the effects of the poor parenting skills of the children of the sixties. I ought to know. I are wun.

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

Good eightbore. I agree totally.

I have read Churchill and enjoy his prose. But I was born and raised in Canada; before the age of rap crap.

Don Verna

6. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

mrskirt410....you made our point for us once again....you are the court jester of this site always playing the fool!!! you play it rather well may I add..

7. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

8. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Member

The point was that one hundred & twelve years later...Churchill's observations are still valid.
    Spelling? Seriously?

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

When the facts are against you take the lib way. Point fngers,call names and on the internet attack spelling. One sorry bunch those libs.

10. shelly

shelly TS Member

410, I think he was trying to say that Muslims are essentially nothing but mad dogs who should be treated the same way any mad dog should be treated. That's my interpretation of what Churchill had to say. Remember, he was right about Hitler and he stuck to his guns even though it cost him his job. You liberals/progressives/marxists will continue to suck up to those wacko Islamists clear up until the very day they slit your infidelic throat.

11. Shikar

Shikar TS Member

Well I am a Muslim so I must be a mad dog. Should I exterminate myself? Or should I get my stupid broken beretta 391 back from Briley cos I have developed this awful recoil problem and can't shoot the pretty perazzi and others that sit in the safe.
    It's a tough proposition.
    I will let my patients know tomorrow that I am a mad dog as my friends on trapshooters have judged me. Maybe my wife should also tell her patients before she operates on them.
    Thanks for the kind thought, may God bless us all. Amen.

Regards. A fellow scattergun shooter.

12. shelly

shelly TS Member

Woa there Mohammed, take a chill pill since I wasn't giving my personal opinion, only my interpration of what Churchill said. The way you jumped to so many conclusions makes me glad I won't ever be the patient of such a hothead.

My personal opinion is that I don't care what religion anybody else practices so long as their practice of their religion doesn't infringe upon my right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness as guaranteed by the Declaration of Independence. Since the Islamic radicals want to kill me simply because I don't practice their religion, they are my enemies. Since they hide behind other people like the cowards they are, I have no way of determining which of them are OK and which are murdering cowards. As a Muslim, Shikar, perhaps you could teach an infidel like me how to tell the difference.

It's easy for you being a Muslim, Shikar, because the murdering cowards don't want to kill you because you don't practice their religion. Convert to Christianity, then see how safe you are. Amen.

13. Shikar

Shikar TS Member

Easy on the conclusions....but I appreciate your opinions however far away they are from any semblance of reality.
    Thanks for the invitation to teach you, but i will pass as I have better things to do....like watering the plants ;-)

Regards.

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Shikar,

I will assume that you are an American who loves this country and not an islamic extremist that gives his religion a bad name, like many so called Christians have done, from time to time. If you have a recoil problem with your trap guns, what loads are you shooting? Are they factory? You can reduce felt recoil obviously by shooting a lighter load. Other options might include shooting slower burning powders like PB or 7625, using a straight wall hull opposed to a tapered hull. Even wad selection can reduce chamber pressures. If I had a Perazzi, I don't think I would shoot the 391. I have never found an automatic to be the answer, because it is still a light gun, especially 391's. I would figure out how to tame the recoil problem.

John

P.S. Don't let things state on here get under your skin, if you're a trapshooter at the club I belong too, you need some pretty thick skin regardless of race, sex or religion. This is still a trapshooting website even though we sometimes turn it into a political forum. Hope you get back to shooting the Perazzi and your other scatterguns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.