1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Church shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I just saw on the news about a church shooting in Colorado Springs not far from my old residence. Gotta run to work

2. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

A terrible tragedy and probably a "copy cat" killing. So many evil lonney people in the world. Guess the antis will pick up on it to push their agengda.My heart goes out to the families touched by it!

3. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Our hearts and prayers go out to those killed and injured. The anti's are being quiet right now. It's election time. Did we have this many shooting 30 years ago? If not, what changed? Food for thought. Michael

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Thankfully there was an armed guard that was able to take out the nut case and save other lives.

5. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

What has our country come to....armed guards at a church????

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

If armed security guards are what it takes to bring down a shooter, then I say let's train more armed security guards.

7. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

How about a greater number of responsible, armed parishioners as well. I alway have my Sunday-go-to-meetin' S&W along just in case the Devil decides to interrupt our service.

8. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

14 died in midwestern ice storm, but there was no bang. Where's the equal newscasts covering this story.

Gary

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Pass the offering plate and the ammo! I always have noticed that the offerings have been better when the ushers are visibly armed. IMHO Omaha

10. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

Right on Joe. It was good to see you again last month and I look forward to shooting with you again next fall. The pastor of the church credits this woman with saving perhaps 100's of lives. It might pay us to copy the report for further reference (link above). I live about a mile from the church and was caught up in a huge traffic jam with cops everyehere, on my way back from fishing, with many stop lights out. Little did I realize until I got home this was the cause. Having the need to carry a gun to church is a stretch but thank God this woman did. She is evidently a volunteer guard for several churches in the area.

Being able to watch the "real" facts on local news demonstrated to me how skewed the "networks" are and how hard they push their agenda. I checked in once in a while with FOX and CNN and got a a totally different news story.

11. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

The young lady was interviewed just a few minutes ago. She was quoted as saying she was afraid, but did not shake.

Way to go, young lady! That's the way it's supposed to work.

She did her duty. She deserves a medal.

Best,
    Dennis

12. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

Ms. Asama stood up to a nut with an assault rifle with nothing but her handgun and took him out. So much for all the macho armchair commandos, she is petit, pretty, smart and brave. She will be a hero in Colorado forever. They also said the shooter had enough mags and ammo to kill hundreds but was taken out with one person with guts and training. Bravo!
    ftlupton

13. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

"assault rifle?" All I heard he had was a handgun. Are reporters really that bad?

God bless this armed woman. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by this awful tragedy. How sad. cls

14. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

CLS .... The shooter guy who is "in a better place" was armed with an assualt rifle (they have not said which), two handguns and over 1,000 rounds of ammo. He was on a mission for sure. As as I said before, I watched local on scene news and switched back and forth to network news (FAUX and CNN0 and it was like the were reporting a different occurance. This has to strike a blow for armed citizens.

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I do not think this Looooossssseeeeerrrrr was exspecting a armed person at a church. Man im just sick. God bless all. What happens when a loosseeerr with a gun walks into a non gun free zone, he gets shot. To bad she couldnt get their quicker. BUT she was there!!!!! just think if he had as much ammo as been reported. ARRGGHHH. Just for the record my local news has been all over the ice storms and the deaths. Not to much about the church shooting yet. Maybe couse he was brought down. I live in massachusetts.

16. BustClays

BustClays Member

Brinks Home Security should have been there to protect those people....Right!!!!!!!!!!

bustclays

PS: ring ring ring" Hellow Mrs. Assam, BLAM BLAM BLAM this is Brinks Home Security,BLAM BLAM BLAM are you alright? BLAM BLAM BLAM We,ll send help right away."BLAM BLAM BLAM

17. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

1911 ... The deaths occured in the parking lot. The dead shooter did put some rounds thru the door just before he went inside where Ms. Assam introduced herself. He did wound one man inside and took a few shots at the guard but that was it. Lights out shortly thereafter

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Just look at where these "Looooossssseeeeerrrrrs" go to commit their crimes.

Churches, where people are unarmed.

Malls, where people are unarmed.

Schools, where people are unarmed.

There's a reason they never try to commit mass murder at gun shows, gun stores or gun ranges.

19. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

YODA, thats just aweful. I could not even emagine how many more would be killed if not stopped. Its just aweful. My wife always gives me crap, well she was. Why you gotta carry you gun here why there. I carry 99% of the time. The other 1% happens to be when I know I will be going to a school or federal building. All other times, I will turn and go the other way if I come across a no gun sign. My wife is now more intrested in taking a CC course designed and aimed just at women. My wife is a great shot. If she praticed and trained I would fear her in a gun fight.

20. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"14 died in midwestern ice storm, but there was no bang. Where's the equal newscasts covering this story."</I>

What makes you think there should be "equal newscasts"? Death is not particularly newsworthy; it happen to everybody. The reporting is about the shooter, not about the victims.

Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.