1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chuck Lindberg Iwo Jima Flagraiser passed on

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jennifer, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

We have a signed photo of the first flag raising, signed by Charles Lindberg. God bless him and all the Marines who went to Iwo, especially those who never returned to their families.

Jennifer

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Semper Fi

Ronbo

3. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

Now there are the hero's of our country. The men and women who give us the very freedom we live under by their sacrifices.

Thank you Mr. Lindberg.

Hug a soldier today!!

Jack

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The first flagraising atop Mount Suribachi, February 23, 1945. Hank Hansen (without helmet), Boots Thomas (seated), John Bradley (behind Thomas) Phil Ward (hand visible grasping pole), Jim Michaels (with carbine) and Chuck Lindberg (behind Michaels).
    Photo by Lou Lowery. 10AM, Feb. 23, 1945

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Too bad his health let him down. It's also ironic that the last of that group went just as there is a major search for the body of the guy who took the movie pics that day so long ago. They are looking for the body of the American photog who was killed in a cave and they think was left there. I hope they find what they are looking for on that hell hole. I have a good friend whoes Dad lost an arm on Iwo Jima it's been a long time since I've thought about him he's been gone a long while now. God bless that group of brave boys they turned out to be the greatest generation this nation ever produced. Dan

6. Trapdog1

Trapdog1 TS Member

Thank you Chuck Lindberg. Thank you for the freedoms we have.
    God Bless.

Pat

7. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

God Bless em all..

8. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

I was recently in Washington DC with my son's 8th grade class and I have to say the Iwo Jima Memorial was hands down my favorite ( and out of all the awesome sites it was hard to choose), but when you drive up the driveway to this memorial it looks as if the flag is lying down and as you approach to the right it appears to be rising...GOOSECHILLS!!!!

Thoughts and prayers to his family and to all those who kept and keep us Free!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.