1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chu,,,,Uh, never mind that European gas price

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Amazing what poll numbers will do to your opinion.....

2. TC

TC TS Member

What most people do not understand is that the wholesale price of gas in Europe is within a few cents per gallon of the US. The difference is in the additional taxes levied on gasoline. Big difference!

3. capulona

capulona TS Member

Yes - you need to levy these taxes because of the cost of the byproduct of burning that fossil fuel. Pollution, and the cleanup. Roads that need to be built/maintained for fossil burning vehicles. Land that the highways destroy and contaminate.

You think people who don't drive and derive no benefits from petroleum should subsidize those who burn petrol?

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Land that the highways destroy and contaminate??????

Good God, would you rather have horse and buggy and horse crap all over?

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Cap,,,,,you may want to look at the other products that come from oil,,,,,and just HOW do you think that computer you are typing on got to you,,,,,I would bet at some point gas/diesel transported it,,,,so EVERYONE benefits from petrol.....

6. Rick Barker

Well, soon we will have our alternative fuels and we can commute to work on the sail powered trains and steam powered airliners. All will be good.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the solar taxi.

HM

8. copper

copper Member

Have a friend just moved to US from England are importing there cars from England that were made by Ford that get almost 60 MPG Diesel, funny how when pushed all of a sudden we have these cars that get this great MPG. The oil CO might have gone to far with price and will choke on there oil . I keep thinking price will drop to keep people from going towards high eff every thing . My hot water heater power vent my new furnace 95% our next car will be over 30 MPG min . Might put wood stove in basement for next winter VW Cross Coupe 150 MPG lots of CO are going to fight for top MPG in next few year watch price drop on cars and gas

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

One difference in those 60 mpg cars and the cars we have here in the US is all the amenities our cars have. Enough Americans aren't yet willing to give up luxury for fuel mileage. So the manufactures still make whats in demand by the consumers.

Bill

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Let's not deliver food or electricity or anything else which requires fossil fuels to Capulona. He wouldn't last a week. He can go back to the stone age if he wants but "people" like him want to drag uas back there with him.

Also, plastic, asphalt and many medicines are derived from petroleum. Let's deny him those things as well.

The deterioration of our envirinment comes more from the hot air emitted by such caring people than from the effects of Petroleum - that includes Dr. Chu and Obama!

11. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I travel to the UK all the time and most Diesel cars get around 40 ~ 45 mpg. These are small cars (think the size of a VW coupe or a small Subaru wagon), that are light and have little space, no power nor acceleration. If you want this buy the new Fiat 500...

Also, about 25% of small businesses are shut down, one typically waits MONTHS for routine medical treatment, let alone major surgeries.

Further, Diesel is selling locally for $4.50 per gallon while gas is around $3.70 (in the UK both are well over $10 per gallon), so while you get higher mileage you may end up paying more to get it.

The real problem is not the cost of the fuel, but the devaluation of the dollar - all courtesy of Obama. Remember all the bail-outs, cash for clunkers, failed mortgages???

His solution was to print more $$.

Net result is that with no real backing of the currency the value of the dollar has plummeted.

Watch the video...

Do we really need four more years of this??

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

It amazes me that the folks on the left don't really seem to understand that everyone does not think like them or believe they are right.

13. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Sure, Chu changed his mind. After being a left wing ideolog for all of his adult life, he suddenly sees the error of his ways when a few of the great unwashed take issue with what he says. If you believe that, you are exactly the kind of fool who would vote for Obama. After all, he only wants the best for you. The truth is that this country may NEVER recover from this act of stupidity. Well, it was on its way out anyway. Obama only accelerated its demise.

14. capulona

capulona TS Member

Hey - fossil fuels will run out at some point. It's just a matter of time. We have to start preparing now for that eventuality, for a smooth transition.

15. Rick Barker

Sure fossil fuels will run out sometime, but will that be 50 years, 100 or 500 years from now?

I just don't look forward to a steam powered jet liner. Will we use wood or coal to power it?

16. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

capulona,

Can you provide the current science that states that??

Most recent research suggests that bacteria/algae create 'fossil' fuels - NOT dead dinosaurs and leaves...

With that understanding it can be considered a renewable resource... Look at what is being done by man with algae and the production of fuel as well.

17. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I agree with birdogs. "The truth is that this country may NEVER recover from this act of stupidity. Well, it was on its way out anyway. Obama only accelerated its demise."

People say if we don't get rid of Obama we are lost. I think the end came when America elected this monster. That most republicans are voting in the primary for the godfather of Obamacare tells me Americans have learned nothing.

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Don't worry about the high price of gas, the current administration is working on a new breed of car that will have unlimited mileage and range, it runs on hot air

All you will have to do is tune the radio to a station that has the Zero talking non stop

The range of the new car will only be limited to how long you can stand to listen to his blather

Mine wouldn't make it down the lane, hell I might not be able to even get it to move

19. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

The nagging fact that Liberals and Democrats in general don't understand anything in necessary depth is no longer surprising, just truly saddening.

Every time you confront a Liberal thing this......... and you'll save yourself a lifetime of grief.

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If they come up with a hot air/ BS hybrid, then living near Wash DC, I should be able to drive forever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.