1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chrysler Sale On Hold....For the Moment

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Looks like some pension plans had a good argument about the US gov't STEALING their money.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The court didn't think so. HMB

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Court just gave them the go ahead.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Court just said the "sale" can go through. Fiat and the UAW will take over middle of June.

I just got through listening to the Indiana state Treasurer - Richard Mourdock, who brought the suit. According to him Fiat will get 20% of Chrysler for nothing. They will not be paying one dime for the company. As soon as they take ownership they will come into a 400 million dollar asset. Meanwhile the pension funds in Indiana will lose millions.

A foreign company will get a 400 million dollar asset for nothing, while the supposed secured (first in line) bond holders from this country get screwed.

We have became a third world country. Law doesn't mean anything anymore, you have nothing if the tin horn Ojackass doesn't want you too.

Wonder when Obama will start wearing a military uniform like the other little tin horn dictators in the world wear. He could get him a uniform with a chest full of medals and ribbons a la Idi Amin, or he could make himself a Colonel like Col. Muammar - al Qaddafi of Libya. Personally I never figured that one out, if you are a dictator why not make yourself a General instead of a Col. I'm sure Barack ain't going be happy being a Col.

USA - 1776-2009 RIP

5. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Bondholders (secured) were illegally treated like sh-t. Whether it was the Teachers' Union Pension makes no difference with me, they're still a secured bondholder. What the Government did was illegal and unprecedential in American History. I hope right prevails in this matter. And by the way, the UAW is not a secured debtholder by any definition. BT-100dc

6. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

This is just another typical corrupt government decision. When will the people of this country stop voting these incompetent republican and democrat politicians in office........NEVER it seems!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.