1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chrysler now going to China

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by CharlieAMA, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

It will be called 'Clysler".

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

The Union and Obama will give them a pass on this.

They need to make money in China, so they can keep the UAW loafers on the payroll here.

3. 548

548 Guest

You mean Chrysler plans to make Jeeps in China for the Asian market the way Japan makes Hondas and Mitsubishis in America for the American market? This nonsense has got to stop.

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Chinese law-- if you sell it here make it here, period.

American law-- if you sell it here and put americans out of work, so what.

any questions?

Chuck

5. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

GM already makes cars there so this doesn't surprise me.

i_shoot

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Buy FORD!!!!!!! Problem solved--sort of.

7. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I hate to ruin a good story with facts. Ford, Gm and most euro manufacturers have been making cars in China for years for that market. That is mandatory to sell cars there. The Unions support this latest venture. Their fund owns a large piece of Chrysler and will share in the incremental profits made overseas, which will also further enhance the ability to spend money here on new product development and domestic plants. a win-win situation.

Additionally, Chrysler Group was loaned money, not given it. And it was paid back ahead of schedule last year with interest( profit for USA). Ford , by the way, is the only domestic manufacturer with outstanding loans owed to the US citizens. USA also still retains ownership of big piece of GM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.