1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronographs to set targets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by larryjk, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryjk

larryjk Member

It is going to be time to set the targets for registered shooting. Some folks want to use a chronograph to set the targets. I just pulled the rules on "Flights and Angles" on pages 49 and 50. I didn't find any mention of how to do it with a chronograph. Anyone want to direct me to the legal directions!

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Contact Bob Shultz, he can provide instructions for target settings with a crono. Jake

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Rocky Mountain Clay Sports also has a link.

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I used a Radar Gun. Worked very well. Dave T.

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

larryjk, the info is no longer on the ATA website. My guess is it is being revised. I have a copy of the old ATA guidelines, but I don't think they are of much use today. I'll send it to you if you are interested. z1z2z3@comcast.net. Remove the numbers.

If you want to use a chrono, my recommendation is to get a setup like a PatPal arm and chrono, or something that can be attached and oriented in a repeatable manner. If your club has level ground out to the 50 yard stake, I'd set the trap up using height and distance on a still day, then look at what the chrono says and record it. Then when you set a trap using a height bar and the chrono in the future, you'll be in the ball park.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.