1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronograph

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Littleboots, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

I have a friend who is wanting to purchase a chronograph Need information on brand and model that would be best. Will be checking some reloads desires not the fancist but dependable

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Check out the CED Millenium M2. Link is above.

3. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I have never used one but I know Competition Electronics makes one that looks nice. I have used a lot of their other products in another hobby (remote control racing) and always had real good success.

4. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

For shotshells, I use a Pact model 1 without skyscreens

works well as long as bright sun doesnt shine directly into it

regards

5. rumseyplum

rumseyplum TS Member

Cabela's...Chrony F1...around $100, no memory, but works great, compact and easy to operate, can be updated...get yourself a decent tri-pod...go shoot...

6. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Regarding Shooting Software chronographs, I would avoid any company that posts a pressure trace showing a pressure spike of 81,0000 psi,,,,AFTER bullet exit,,,for 5 consecutive shots. Really..

7. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

Pro Chrono
    BR1

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

For the money, you can't beat the Chrony F1. It's cheap and dependable. I bought one from Midway when it was on sale. It got thrown in the trunk and gets used since it's there. Compared to a few other "More Expensive" units, it does pretty good. It does NOT have a memory or calculator for SD, etc. For simple chronographing of reloads, it's a workhorse.

9. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Midway has a ProCrono Digital Cronograph for $96.99 in this months sale flyer.

Anyone have any experience with this unit?

It's got a 5 Star review from 56 people.

SW

10. clayshooter555

clayshooter555 TS Member

I have used a Pro Chrono, PACT, and the ol Chrony. Without a doubt the best one for shotguns is the Pro Chrono by far.

11. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Me too regarding clayshooter555's post. You can't beat the ProChrino and the digital one from Midway is the way to go since you can add a printer later.

Neil

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Have Prochrono and Crony. Both fine for shotgun, PC has averaging for rifle.

I have no need to spend any more to find the speed of a load. All the computer readouts, bells, lights and whistles are unnecesary for anything I want to do.

Spend your savings on shot and powder.

HM

13. JTEA

JTEA Member

Have used a Pact for 20 years. Blew up some skyscreens and damaged one sensor when testing slugs and odd loads (wads fly out). They are great on service. CED looks good if you want the PC option, for more $. I made a chart with all entries on Pact, put 8 on a page so I can quickly write results.

JT

14. John 53

John 53 Member

I have used a Pact for many years. BEFORE the first shot was fired over it, I made steel shields that I installed in front of both sensors. The first time I let someone besides myself fire a round over it, the front sensor shield stopped 3 pellets from destroying the sensor. Hope this helps.

John

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Cabella's has them at $99.00 and for $119.00 you get one with a 60 shot memory 10 shots at a time and you can add a printer to it. and it comes w/shades.

Just bought one for a friend at Cabella's in West Virginia Exit #10 on I-70.

They also have their Private Label Digital Powder scale for $89.95 w/3 years wrnty

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Oehler Model 35 Proof Chronograph, and you'll never look back....Grubby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.