1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronograph Questions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BrowningPotato, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

I have been looking for a quality Chronograph for over a year now and think I may now bite the bullet (no pun intended). After a little research it seems that the Oehler 35p seems to be the best and most desireable, does anyone have experience with this unit. Are there comparable units to the Oehler that are less expensive? Any advice on a quality make and model would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone had an Oehler or other high quality Chrony they are looking to sell please let me know.

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Anything Ken Oehler designed is top of the line, but for convenience, and from all of my testing concerning accuracy, a Pro Chrono Digital from Competition Electronics is hard to beat.

It sets up in a few minutes, versus a bunch of minutes for the remote light sensor type. And when your done chronographing shells, you can quickly attach it to a Pat Pal bracket to read speed from a Pat trap, or attach a tripod for use under other trap brands.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have seen them on Ebay, also check Gunsamerica, auctionarms and gunbroker. They are out there you just have to look.

4. AEP

AEP Member

I have an Ohler and it is a great machine. I have mine set-up on a 6' spacing.That is a little extreme for shotgun, however it works great. I would find a used one if you can. I know they are out there, just wait.

Note: The old ones hold there value. I think they sell for about the same price as when purchased new. I don't think you will find one in good working order for less than $250.00. I would figure paying $325.00 +/-.

Andy P

5. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

I noticed the Competition Electronics models had very good reviews and they are about $400 cheaper than Oehler, since I am new to all this, what are you getting for the extra $400.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.