1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas Dinner, what ya having???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

THIS THREAD BELONGS IN THE 'OFF TOPIC" SECTION - MODERATOR

Well, it's about that time of year for the feasting to begin. Being from the south, I was wondering what people from other parts of the world are having to feast on for Christmas festivities. I find it interesting to see the meals that others share that I was never accustomed to having.

Like I say, being a southerner we eat really well off the land and would like to share with ya what's gonna be on out table this year.

'Coon and collards with all the trimmings,
    Cook to perfection by all the wimmins,

Possum and taters with a side of grits,
    and hope to hell it don't give ya da chits.

2. razor

razor TS Member

succulant med rare bonein prime rib, twice baked potatoes with applewood smoked bacon and five year aged cheddar cheese, home canned butter & cream sweat corn, fresh baked finger rolls with blackraspberry jam, handcranked homemade ice cream with a drizzle of dark chocolate almond sauce and last but not least four fingers of crown royal when the grand kids open there presents. we are from up north. merry christmas to all from steve & ellie raisbeck

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Homemade tamales from an ancient recipe. Includes meat from hog's head, pig ears and pig skin and freshly grown peppers (over 400 on hand). If you like truly authenic tamales, come to my house for Christmas...

Two day advanced notice required.

milt
    FtWorth

4. kenf

kenf Active Member

razor & ellie, where are you and what times dinner? Man that sounds good?

5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Milt, I'll go by Buffalo Creek and see if George wants to go, he don't eat much, lol.

GneJ

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's a tradition in my wife's family that perogies are served. Her mother is Ukranian.

For a meat dish I've been asked to make my smoked pork shoulder.

7. ctreay

ctreay Member

First a Champane toast to those not here and then it's gonna be ham, mashed pototos, home canned green beans and a wedge of homemade mincemeat pie. Then we retire to the living room with a snifter of Hennessy and exchange gifts.

ctreay

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

My bride of 51+ years has requested Roast Prime Rib, Twice Baked Potatoes, and Green Beans, Tossed Salad plus whatever else that I would like to add.

9. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Hippie, would love to meet you and George too. If you two come,and he normally doesn't east much... he'll leave a changed man...promise!

milt

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Spiral-cut ham...potatoes, yams and who knows what all else!!...Did turkey last weekend...lookin' forward to a ham feed....

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

1) A nice baked ham; and...

2) My scary-good meat loaf!

-Gary

[​IMG]

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Boiled gammon, boerewors with chakalaka, steamed pumpkin cubes, and pap.

OK, probably not really.

13. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

A nice microwave dinner because my wife is working Christmas day. No need to cook for just myself

14. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Well considering here in Australia it is usually 90-100degrees f on Xmas day we usually have a cold Xmas lunch consisting of-

King prawns ( large shrimps) with a tangy seafood sauce

Double smoked ham off the bone

Slices of smoked salmon

Coleslaw

Potato salad

Cold roasted turkey breast meat

Maybe a rocket, pumpkin and Parmesan salad with pine nuts

Oh, and a shit load of BEER!

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Milt, I may come to your place. My wife & I are foodies and never have a meal without peppers. If it is not hot, it aint on the table. We will most likely have Carnitas with our home made salsa and a couple cold Corona Familiar. Then top it off with a good scotch. Your tamales sound awesome. we eat steak or mex food, sometimes pasta but mex is on top. The wife just shared with me that we are having the traditional Pork butt
    [​IMG]

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Making a Beef Tenderloin (Filet Mignon) and all of the fixin's ... Twice baked taters, deviled eggs, steamed califlower, whole kernel "golden" corn, spinach and endive salad with tomatoes and onions tossed in Sun dried tomatoe, olive oil, and basil dressing ... Home made pie and ice cream ... Thats after the shrimp cocktails and veggie platters ... Beer, Wine and or your beverage of choice ... There is always room for one more so if your in the neighborhood just walk right on in and introduce yourself ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Milt, Gene J was tongue in cheek. If he brings George, you'll need about 3 doz extra tamales. George is a pretty good cook his own self. You'll have to make it to Buffalo Creek. He's always got good chow.

Bob

18. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

The whole fam damily (about 20 of us) will meet at my sisters place. We'll have roast prime rib, ham & turkey with loaded mashed and garlic mashed taters, stuffing, gravy, baked squash, a couple of different salad and veggie dishes. Oh yeah... of course we'll start with hors douvres' and beverages. We'll finish with more goddies including pumpkin, mince meat, grasshopper & apple pie. I'm sure there'll be a nap in there somewhere. Normally there would be some cross country skiing and snowmobiling in there too but it looks like it will be a brown Christmas here in central MN this year.

19. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

We have a Christmas breakfast.

Country ham, smoked bacon,sausage patties, milk gravy and redeye gravy, scrambled eggs, hashbrown casserole, made from scratch biscuits. PORK RULES.

20. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Thanksgiving II. Roast turkey and all the fixin's. We do the ham, etc. a week later. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.