1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas arrived early

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PAR8HED, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Only this group can truly appreciate the thrill of this. My new Spolar arrived today, #2283. What a giggle pulling it out of the box and getting it set up. Can't wait to get the supplies laid on and start pulling the handle. Since everyone will ask, no hydraulics. But for something this nice, I don't care!

Hal Hitchcock

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nice.. Enjoy it Hal

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

My Christmas got here early too...wife let me have a kimber crimson trace ultra carry II .45ACP.

Happy holidays.

4. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

And they say there is no Santa Claus!

5. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

Good for you Hal, that is a great christmas gift! I have been doing some serious thinking about buying a Spolar. I would sure like to hear from you once you start reloading and find out what you think about the effort it takes to pull the lever. I have a mec 9000g and was looking to upgrade but don't want to spend the extra money for the hydro. Enjoy your new toy!

Josh Andersen

6. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Got the first 400 loaded last night. For my first time ever reloading, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to do. Only forgot to put one wad in and turn off the powder when done. I put a cookie sheet behind the loader to catch the shells, but I think I need to rig up something a little better. Although, after around 25+ it's a good time to take a break and load up the box. Really nice to drop in the whole bag of shot and a 1# bottle of powder and go to town.

With only one shell in the loader, no effort at all to pull the handle. When you load it up, I was a little surprised at the amount of effort. At some point in the future I will definitely add the hydraulics.

Cheers!
    Hal

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Hal, You've got to be kidding. I can't believe how little effort to pull the handle. Certainly the easiest of any machine that I have tried. The hydraulics are nice also if you decide to upgrade. Enjoy, you have the best. Bob

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Thanks alot Hal: I just pulled the trigger and ordered one from Dixie. And by the way it sounds I won't be getting it until Christmas. She's back-ordered until Dec 17th and UPS will take a week to deliver. Enjoy. Dave T.

9. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Bob - I've got a case of something going on with my elbow. Otherwise, you are right. It is pretty effortless.

John - Have you got that right! And pity the poor soul who disturbs the rhythm!

Hal

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Hal, I've also got an elbow problem, but found that a copper bracelet or copper and magnets helped it. You see a lot of golfers using them. They don't work for everyone but sure worth the try for short money. Good luck, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.