1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Christie vetos numerous firearms laws

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Aug 17, 2013.

1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Unlike those on here that post stuff from Rags they havent even read

Fox news has the real story http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/17/new-jersey-gov-christie-vetoes-50-caliber-rifle-ban/?test=latestnews

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Evening paper finally arrive at the nursing home?

And since when does the number three equate to "numerous"?

Fact is, Christie vetoed THREE bills, and signed TEN more. Ten is barely
    "numerous".

nu·mer·ous<br>
    /'n(y)o?om(?)r?s/<br>
    Adjective<br>
    Great in number; many; being or existing in great quantity; consisting of or comprising a great number of units or individuals<br>

And one of the bills he vetoed he urged passage of the main portion of last spring. He said that it went too far with its ban. It will probably be amended and he'll sign it when it hits his desk again.

brianinoregon_2008_030312.jpg

brianinoregon_2008_030314.jpg

brianinoregon_2008_030311.jpg

brianinoregon_2008_030313.jpg

brianinoregon_2008_030315.jpg

3. perezal

perezal Member

Go Chris Christy. Pro Gun All the way.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Im never impressed by the weirmacht outfits....

5. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

10 bills he signed

A3796 really sounds anti gun to me.

• Upgrade the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm to a first-degree crime. The unlawful possession of machine guns, handguns and assault firearms had been a second-degree crime and third-degree offense in the case of rifles and shotguns. The bill would also increase mandatory minimum sentences for such offenses by six months. (S2804).

• Make the crime of firearms trafficking subject to the No Early Release Act, which requires offenders to serve at least 85 percent of their terms. The bill (S2468) also requires authorities to seize cars used to smuggle weapons into the state and increases penalties to at least 18 months in prison for dealers who knowingly sell guns to customers disqualified from possessing them.

• Allow authorities to impound cars if an occupant illegally possesses a weapon. The bill (S2468) also allows authorities to impound cars used in cases of prostitution and buying or selling illegal drugs.

• Increase penalties for those who unlawfully sell or give a gun to an underage person from a third-degree crime to second-degree offense with a minimum mandatory prison sentence of five years. (S1279).

• Disqualify people on the federal terrorist watch list from owning guns, which is the only gun-related bill (A3687) Christie has commented on.

“As a former federal prosecutor, I understand the obligation of government to ensure the safety and security of its people,” the governor said in a bill-signing statement.

He added, “I urge Congress to take steps to ensure that law-abiding American citizens are never swept into these databases.”

Others bills Christie signed would give residents a 180-day window to get rid of certain illegal guns (A3796); make into law a state regulation banning the public release of personal information on firearms owners (A3788) and clarify that the total number of gun permits in a town are public record (S2720); require submission of mental health records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (A3717); and create a study commission on violence (S2430).

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

An East coast "conservative" is not nearly the same as a midwestern conservative.

7. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

I would call all those bills anti gun.
    If I give my kid a gun to shoot its against the law, I go to jail 5 years.
    Read them, yes pro gun tomorrow. Lee

8. nglitz

nglitz Active Member

Christie signed seven "gun related" bills. Two were PRO-GUN, we wanted them. Three were pretty much neutral for normal gun owners. They increased penalties on crimes committed with guns, not that that's ever helped. Two were moderatly anti-gun owner, but far from show-stoppers.

The three he vetoed were the "centerpiece" that the dem's weanted applied across the nation, and a "fifty cal" ban. That fifty cal ban had been expanded to cover any caliber with higher than normal energy levels. In his comments, he said that they would do nothing to reduce crime and only penalize lawful gun owners.

all the chicken littles and cartoon posters most likely haven't even read any of the bills and seem to only be able to count on their fingers.

Want to read the opinions of those most affected by this? Go to the NJ state ass'n's website www.anjrpc.com

Keep your stupid cartoons.

Norm in NJ

9. g7777777

Brian and his brood - all the people that refused to serve in the military like Brian will bad mouth him anyway - like the gnbercil, wirebaby and his friends that normally post

Norm save your breath

They don't care about the facts

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Funny how his "armed body guards" look like gestapo. The resemblance sure is
    striking.

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

You caught that too!!

12. Brian in Oregon

Gene is a perfect example that you do not get endowed with wisdom simply by serving in the military. Bet he's an expert on peeling potatoes.

As far as Norm in NJ goes, what can I say? He's been living in a state that oppresses gun owners, so he has no clue what it is like to live in the free states. Just hope his governor does not get elected president so he can foist his anti-gun crap on YOUR state.

Christie supported a .50 BMG ban only last spring. He plainly stated so. He vetoed the bill because it affected ordinary firearms. It is very likely he will sign a .50 BMG ban if the legislature cleans it up.

And enhancing the unlawful possession of a gun? Keep in mind that unlawful possession is merely moving to NJ and becoming a new resident without going through the lengthy permission process MONTHS before you actually move. The Second Amendment right to own a gun should not need state permission in the first place.

And none of you liberal Christie cheerleaders sees anything wrong with denying Second Amendment rights to someone NOT CONVICTED of a crime? That's the problem with the terrorism list. It's all inuendo, no hard facts, and people on the list have no way to get off the list. They can be put on it by error and wind up having their gun rights taken away. No one wants terrorists to get access to guns, but by the same token, no one should have their rights arbitrarily stripped - especially without recourse - either. Anti-gun Chuck Schumer pushed for adding gun purchases and gun ownership to this list. And now Christie has signed it. Thank you for supporting Schumer and Christie.

13. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nursing home.LMHO. Why waste time and money trying to ban .50 cal. guns. Do alot of the thugs in Jersey carry .50 cal. weapons with them?

14. Brian in Oregon

Why, yes, they buy cheap, compact, .50 cal rifles that cost $8,000 to $10,000 and weigh 30 to 40 lbs that are an easily concealable three to four feet long to hold up stop-n-rob stores and do carjackings. Why do you think their pants sag?

Everyone knows this. Everyone.

15. CharlieAMA

It's the tri-pod that is the problem, and those heavy head space guages.

16. Brian in Oregon

Don't forget the "high capacity" magazines that hold "numerous" - up to ten! - rounds of .50 BMG!

17. CharlieAMA

Sorry, lost my head. LOL.

18. g7777777

Brian have you ever heard of the 50 caliber Beouwolf? and all the other like calibers?

Try to keep up on this stuff

Regards from Iowa

Gene

19. Brian in Oregon

I'll try to be cordial, Gene, and say that I certainly have, and I would have a .50 Beowulf if I could get ammo for it. Right now my only .50 is my Winchester 1885 Single Shot in .50-140 Sharps. Beg pardon, but I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

guess you overlooked this "pro-gun" fact by the R I N O krispy kreme......

"Christie vetoed the .50 caliber rifle ban, saying he wanted to ban long range Barrett .50 calibers, not all .50 calibers in general."