1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing a youth gun?

Discussion in 'Youth Trapshooting Section' started by Lagrue, Apr 3, 2017.

1. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Member

I got the shell catcher so a) I could save the shells for reloading and b) I wasn't being rude to other shooters by pelting them with my flying hulls.

2. Lagrue

Lagrue Member

I can see how that could be distracting for a lefty shooting a right hand gun. That is commendable, I
    See lots of auto shooters that aren't so considerate.

3. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Member

I started shooting doubles with my Old 391 and obviously couldn't use the shell catcher. My husband always took the post to my right so he was the one getting hit with the shells until I got another gun.

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I like to move new shooters towards a micro bt. Then as they out grow it you can add a recoil device like a clyde slide, slick slide and it will be a full LOP gun. Plus if they decide to move on its an easy to sell gun. You never get hurt $$ on a good BT99

Mr. Pump Gun thanked this.
  5. Cubdriver

Cubdriver Member

As soon as I can can pictures taken and figure out how to post them there will be a micro BT showing up on the for sale thread.

6. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Member

A lot of truth in what you say

7. Lagrue

Lagrue Member

Is there any offerings from other companies similar to a bt99? After my experience with brownings customer service on another gun, I'm not to excited about buying one.

8. Cubdriver

Cubdriver Member

Check out the benelli legacy 28ga, its one of the lightest you will find

9. mngundog

mngundog Member

Wish I would have thought about that last fall, had several chances to get into a new one for $900.