1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing a Perazzi trigger ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

In ordering a Krieghoff, think they offer one trigger - maybe you have a choice of pull or release. But with regards to a NIB factory Krieghoff, the decision is not complex.

In ordering a Perazzi, think they offer more trigger options than one can imagine -- coil or leaf spring, selectable or non-selectable, internally or externally selectable, adjustable or non-adjustable, top barrel first or bottom barrel first... and all conceivable combinations and permutations thereof.

Any advice for selecting the best factory Perazzi trigger on a new trap gun would be appreciated.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

For a trap gun, which was what made Perazzi famous from the beginning, their simplest design,

Non adjustable, non selectable, bottom barrel first.

3. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

Internally adjustable, leaf spring!

Ron

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

What Steve W stated, or the Externally Selectbale trigger. Order it with the leaf springs, not coils springs also. You might even consider the adjustable trigger blade trigger option as well. All are money driven options.

You cannot order/purchase a genuine Perazzi trigger with the internal selector new. These are after-markets.

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

What is a person to do w/ a bottom 1st if he/she has a top single?

6. Steve W

Hitapair, that's the new way to cure flinch, you pull the bottom barrel trigger, make sure you heard the click, push the safety front and back, then pull the trigger again to fire your top single.

This muti movement will trick your brain to pull the trigger, because the first pull will not have any recoil, so the brain will feel confidence to pull the second time.

You will save money on release, or expensive selectable option, and the trigger will be easier to sell later. :)

If you don't have flinch problem, order bottom first anyway, then you can take out bottom hammer and sell it to me, I'm looking for an extra one.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Most of the time, the proper trigger comes with a new gun

8. Steve W

You can sell me the cocking foot too

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Thanks Steve, you are all heart! And I will shoot dubs by shooting the 1st target, quickly breaking the gun open, pop a new shell in the bottom barrel, and shoot the 2nd bird B4 it hits the ground. Oh, yes, and w/ all that going on I wouldn't have time to flinch!