1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Choosing a Category to post in

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Oregunner, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

Guess it wasn't this one. Mike.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Better late than never!

When we went to the new format for categories, it seemed to sort things out pretty well for a while. This morning there are over 30 posts about shoot events in the Shooting Related posts and less than 20 posted in the last two days under Shoot Events. Are people just not paying attention, or are they thinking they are getting better exposure by listing under the first category, even if it is misposted? I get tired of sorting through dozens of events that I have no interest or intention of attending. I appreciate the ability to have the forum sorted by interest, and would appreciate if a little more attention is paid to where things are posted. Maybe the moderator could just delete posts that are posted in the wrong category, like the threat that is made about "For Sale" items. Just my $.02 about keeping this a forum I enjoy reading and participating in. Mark

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I know we have a bunch of "older" folks on this forum that like the format because they are use to it. But I think it would be so much easier for everyone to view specific topics and navigate the forum if David went with a more popular forum format like vBulletin. I know it cost money and I have no qualms donating money for it to happen.

The above link is a motorcycle forum, but I want to show the format and how much easier you can navigate specific topics. This is ran by a friend of mine and you can make it look like any way you want.

Bryan

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I did check out the site and do NOT like the lay out.

I think what we had and have is much better.

Just MY opinion. Maybe older folks can navigate better.

And this should be in "Off Topic" to me. Ray

6. Ajax

Ajax Active Member

If you like the other sites, use the other sites.

I alway wonder about people that say "this is great, let's change it".

Ajax

7. Ross

Ross Active Member

Don't know what or when constitutes being in the "older" folks category but I'm 71 and don't have any complaints with or problems with the way David has arranged things now, in fact I like the the latest category set-up because I can go directly to the one I want to check. As Oregunner said I do wish people would pay a little closer attention when they select their category. A big Thank you for David.. Ross Puls

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

well put Ross, I agree

9. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

The moderators on here are not as active as other moderators on other sites is all. The format is fine, there either needs to be more moderators or the current mods need to make sure topics are in the correct section and move accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.