1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

chokes for handicap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dagnarble, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dagnarble

dagnarble TS Member

Heard that many are now using imp mod choke for long yardage handicap. Has anyone here switched over and if so any comments.

2. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I don't know how many are using I-Mod for long yardage, but there is a 27 yard shooter at our club who shoots I-Mod from 27 yards and he is tough to beat.

hubcap

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I use my Krieghoff #3 (alleged to be Imp. Mod.) choke from 25, 26, and 27 yards. I have friends who have custom tuned barrels with fixed chokes and among the final results is chokes more in the area of .027" to .030" which qualifies as I.M. in most books.....Bob Dodd.

4. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I have always used MOD or IMP MOD all the way back. I only use tighter if there are heavy winds. Steve

5. Old 870

Old 870 TS Member

At my club most of the guys shoot games only at 27 yards with the shoot offs at 50yds. A lot of us, myself included use improved modified for all yardage. Depends on your gun. That is at least with my 90T.

6. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I use Mod at 16-25, IM back to 27 and only put in full for meat shoots 34+ yrds. But than again I'm not very good. That was with my Beretta. I have to figure it all out now that I've got a new gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what chokes for handicap shooting