1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chokes for Berreta 390

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mark Rackay, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Rackay

Mark Rackay TS Member

Gentlemen, I have a Berretta 390 Sport Trap model. My question is will Optima chokes work in this barrel? They seem to thread in fine but stick out the end of the barrel about a half inch. Thanks for any help guys.

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I thought the 390 series guns had the old style mobil chokes--not Optima. 391's have optimas. The mobils are shorter and smaller diameter.

3. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I also have a 390 Sport Trap & the Optima chokes from my 682 Gold E do not fit. John

4. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I have some Benelli Crio chokes that will fit your gun, I believe.

Danny

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Sounds like an April Fool's joke to me. How about posting a picture of those chokes you've got. I'm not aware of any 390's that were made with any choke system other than the Mobil choke system.

Easystreet

6. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Barrel might have been backbored, measure the bore.....GOOD LUCK

7. Cheetah

Cheetah Member

Hey Mark,
    I have all of the Beretta choke systems that Beretta offers.
    That being said,the Mobile choke system has the same threads as the Optima-Plus chokes which are in the late production Field Optima Berettas.
    It is true that The Optima-Plus chokes which are installed as a flush or extended choke in the Beretta Optima-Field guns will screw in a Beretta Mobile choke barrel and will extend about a 1/2 inch for the flush fitting choke,and the extended version of Optima_Plus will extend even more.
    The real kicker of this is the difference in the bore diameter of the two systems,the Mobile choke bore begins @ .721 and the Optima-Plus is regulated from .731,this can cause a .010 difference in in accual choke constriction from the Mobile bore to the Optima Plus bore.
    In no way will the Optima chokes used in the Competition model Beretta shotguns fit the Mobile choke system.

Hope this helps !!!

Best Regards,

Harold Steen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 390 choke

beretta 390 chokes

beretta 390 extended choke
beretta 390 shotgun chokes
berreta 390 choke
can i use optima chokes beretta a390st