1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Chokes for Beretta 687 Trap, any better?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoDawgs, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Question for you guys that shoot Berettas.......Is there any real advantage to aftermarket chokes (Muller, Angleport, etc) versus the standard Beretta chokes? Any tangible evidence that they work better than the Beretta chokes?

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Mine has the Mobilechoke system and I threw the Beretta choke tubes away as they threw a horrible pattern. I have Trulock and Briley tubes for that gun. I don't know if the newer Optima tubes are better or not. Bill Malcolm

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

4. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Cowboy,
    Which comment/question were you saying "no" to?

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I think the extended chokes from Beretta and the aftermarket tend to be better from the standpoint of I've found them to be more consistent with the whole spectrum of loads especially when you are just playing with cheap stuff using chilled softer shot...one BIG advantage to an extended for me being clutzy as I am is protecting the end of the barrel from damage..I know if I would have the muzzle hit pavement that the barrel will not take the hit and chokes are expendable and cheap compared to a barrel

6. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

In my mobil choke barrel Briley and Wrights put out better patterns on paper. Briley was better with 1 1/8 and the Wrights are better with 1 oz.

7. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

When I had a JEG special, it came with the standard Optima chokes and I bought Briley extended chokes. I found that they generally shot tighter for the same constriction. I thought it was a positive change for relatively little money.

8. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

I use Comp/choke tubes for my 687SPII and find them to pattern beeter than factory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what choke doe a beretta 687 use