1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

chokes for a k80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrs frosty, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrs frosty

mrs frosty TS Member

We did purchase a set of chokes for our k80 but we can not find any one who can put them in the barrel for us. can any body give us a hint as to where we could go to have this work done. FYI briley does not do factory chokes
    my name is Gennie Cushing and we live in New Hamp

2. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

There is a gun smith in Rye Nh are you close to that area in NH?
    If so I am not sure he would want his TEL number on here but If you email me I would be glad to give it to you

He works on my K-80S
    jsa3107@aol.com

3. B.C.

B.C. Member

not going to happen with factory tubes, you need after market tubes ! go with briley and never look back. Ki recommends these for after market installations.
    hope this helps ! B.C.

4. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ok I am sorry I thought you bought a set for a gun already set up with chokes
    I believe that CB is correct
    I have a gun that was done by Briley and they did great work on the chokes for that k-80
    They also did the porting and did a great job but I would never port a gun again..

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Gennie,

Your fixed choke barrels probably do not have enough wall thickness for factory tubes. Like the other gentlemen said you will need Briley Thinwall tubes. You can probably sell the choke set you have on this website or keep them if you ever trade for factory choke tube barrels.

Briley website with contact information: http://www.briley.com/contactus.aspx

Good luck, John E.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

there is no probably- you cant get factory threaded tubes retrofitted in a fixed choke barrel

you want to resell those factory chokes

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.