1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CHOKES COMING LOOSE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spritc, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spritc

spritc Active Member

Put some good grease on them, which creates a bit of suction. I then tighten them up with a choke tube wrench, but I don't wrench them down so tight that will make them difficult to unscrew. I always check tubes between rounds just to be sure.

Steve

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I am an Angleport distributor and use them exclusively. They do not have notches to use in conjunction with a wrench. I put heavy grease on the threads, keep everything clean, put them in hand tight, and have no problem.

I also am a distributor for CMD Gun Lube. I am sure there are manufacturers of other good gun grease. The thinner synthetic stuff does not seem to work as well for me.

I check them while I am changing stations. It is so much of a habit, I do not consider it an inconvenience.

Of course, these are extended tubes. Flush mounts typically have notches for a wrench. Use the grease in adition to the wrench.

You know the drill. If they stay in TOO long, they do not want to come out!

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

By tightening them more than just finger tight. Use your choke tube tool and give them the extra zinch of a snug once they are all the way in and be done with the worrying.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

On a Browning I used to wrap a little piece of plumber's teflon tape around the threads that solved the problem.

5. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Hate 'em, just for that reason. On my trap/skeet guns, which are not changed, I put clear nail polish on the threads. Holds forever and if the need ever arises they can be heated and removed.

6. too fast

too fast TS Member

Had this problem with a Wright choke and they told me to try two wraps of silicon plumbers tape. Never a problem again and they come out easy. I also put some grease on them with the plumbers tape.
    Give it a try.

Thanks
    Jim L Luis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.