1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke Tubes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Matt Stockwell, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Stockwell

Matt Stockwell Member

Do the ported choke tubes really work? I know that the manufactures claim they reduce recoil, but I can't believe it is enough to be noticable. How much do they increase noise? I would not imagine that they could be as loud as a ported bbl. Do they patern any different than the same choke tube without porting? Any opinions would be very helpfull.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

How can they reduce recoil ?? Really the only thing they reduce is you wallet. I have had some over the years and they pattern like any tube some good some not so good .

ALF

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Several years ago there were time lapse photos of upward recoil comparisons between ported & non-ported bbl.s. There is a very measurable reduction in barrel bounce between the 2. The idea being the escaping gases going up forces the bbl. down. This was either in Trap & Field or Shotgun Sports.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Except...ported choke tubes aren't made with the ports on the top of the barrel. So they can't help with muzzle rise.

There are some people who swear by Comp-n-choke choke tubes, but I think its because they throw good patterns.

But I have never seen any third party unbiased test evidence showing ported choke tubes reduce recoil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

do comp n choke tubes really reduce felt recoil