1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

choke tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rickterscale, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickterscale

Rickterscale TS Member

I've just bought my first dedicated trap gun, BT-99, and was wondering if there is a noticable difference in performance between the invector plus choke tubes and those from other manufacturers.

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

"Invector Plus" refers to choke tubes designed for the .735" bore used in later model Brownings. Every choke tube manufacturer makes tubes for Brownings and that size bore.

Keller

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Browning factory tubes are notorious for being marked tighter than they really are (i.e., a marked Full choke is probably more like Improved Modified).

Your best bet is to get a Briley full or extra full. Briley makes the Midas grade chokes for Browning, but they sell them for less under their own brand.

4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I have both Browning and Briley tubes and have been please with both.

5. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I use Carlson and have no complaints or problems. My gun came with them. I have also used Briley & Browning I also have a CRV extended L.Full. All work well. Just be sure to pattern your gun with which ever you have or go with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.