1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke tubes ... LH or RH ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

In a right handed barrel the choke tubes are righty tighty and lefty loosey but are the same in a left handed barrel or would they be righty loosey and lefty tighty?

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

I not retarted ... I a trap shooter ... that means I only partly tarded!

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Actually, barrels manufactured for use in the southern hemisphere have left-hand choke tube threads. This is to counter-act the natural spin of the wads that shooters experience in the other half of the world...spin that would soon loosen the chokes and blow them right out.
    The forum members from New Zealand can verify this.

Code

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Would that southern and northern hemisphere thing also effect the spinning of the target?

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

absolutely, lump. haven't you ever flushed a toilet in australia?

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

I got to find a range that is sits directly on top of the equator and either throws the birds from north to south or south to north ... I want to see the target snap in half from the instant change in rotation the moment it crosses the line. ;-)))

Now that would be one way of getting a perfect score and spending a single dime on shells.

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Lumper,

You got to spend the money for shells. Broken target, no shot = no bird.

Pull,bang,broken target = dead bird. 8)

Jason

8. nicky

nicky Member

Lumper knock it off, how in the heck am i going to get any sleep the next couple of days thinking about what you're thinking about. Next thing you know my wife will be medicating me to calm me down because you scare the crap out of us knowing you're out there thinking about how the world spins. But when you figure it out let us know., Kevin

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

What will really scare the crap out of you is my world spins end over end and the equator runs right through the middle field in Sparta ... if your wife so desires I can recommend some seriously good medication, I have some of the weaker stuff left and it aint yet expired either.

10. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

What truly scares me is knowing that these inquiring minds are capable of breeding. Look out world!

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Jack ... your parents had inquiring minds or they wouldn't have had you. ;-)

12. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Whats really mind boggling is They have GUNS!!!

13. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

So, if you are actuly on the equator, and the trap throws along the equator.. Wouldnt you get kind of a knuckle ball effect on the bird.. IE no spin.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Calgary guy

14. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Lump, I always heard that clockwise to tighten and counter-clockwise to loosen worked. The only problem for me is that I have a digital watch. It gets so confusing.

Also, if a bird were thrown from just south of the equator but crossed to the northern side, would the spin reverse? Or, would the bird just nosedive into the ground?

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

I dont think it would nose dive but instead shatter into infinity due to the instantaneous counter rotational factor of the rotation.

Hmmm ... the knuckle ball effect would be to easy to hit. Depending on what ranges you currently shoot on you could already be well practiced on shooting that type of target.

16. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Damn the torpedoes and hand him the valium!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Valium??? Nope ... cant take that ... already hit my daily full dosage with breakfast this morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.