1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke tubes can't be in carry on bags???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tom berry, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

I was in the Milwaukee airport yesterday and noticed a sign at the Northwest ticket counter that stated gun parts could not be in carry on luggage. It went on further to specifically state that choke tubes were considered gun parts and must in checked baggage.

Yet another crazy TSA rule.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

For a while they banned toothpaste and deodorant.

And there are folks who want the Govt' to take over the oil industry? (groan)

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

My son and I were sea duck hunting in Maine. When we went through security to board the plane, they found he had a choke tube in his shirt pocket. Not good. He nearly missed the flight as they held him for questioning till a supervisor (who knew what a choke tube was) told them to release him. They had a device that registered the gunpowder residue as well. They were not happy with him. Nor was I.

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I think it was a lot easier for TSA to just state NO gun parts in carry-on's, rather than try and evaluate what would be essential to construct a working firearm.

As for liquid and gels, on the History or Discovery channel there was a program that featured an attempt by Al Qaid(SP) to blow up an airplane in flight out of the Philippines. The terrorist had nitroglycerin in a drink bottle, wiring and blasting cap in the heel of his shoe. He used an electronic wrist watch as the timer. It was a good thing he placed it under the wrong seat. The seat he thought was above the fuel tank was off 1 or 2 rows; only the person and/or people sitting in or around the seat was killed. The plane made it back to the airport. I think this was a trial run for the multiple plane bombing that was planned but foiled by the Philippine police.

Jason

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

So what choke do terrorists prefer shooting at the cockpit door from the first row in First Class? Do they use a M or IM in row 1 and a full if in row 4?

BTW, how do you earn punches to move from row to row?

6. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

All the crazies have to do is watch our news and we will tell them where and how much explosives to use. I saw them do this with a chart after the above mentioned incident!! IDIOTS!!!

I went to a charity shoot and during the shoot put some hulls on my case. I knew the check they used would find it. I told them that nitrates would show up on the case and let me open it and have it checked, I got there an hour early just for this. They said NO PROBLEM and sent the case through. I was sitting waiting to board an hour later and a call came over the house pa calling me to baggage. I did'n know where baggage was and neither did any of the workers aparently because I was sent three places before I found the right one and they were mad as hell at me. I gave back as good as I got and finally asked to see a RED COAT (supervisor) it did not take long to get it straightened out after that. I almost missed the flight and do you think anyone said thanks for your honesty and we are sorry for your inconvenience? It must be a job requirement at airlines not to have a shred of common sense to get a job. Customer service is an unknown concept to the counter agents. Don't fly UNLESS you have the time to spare. Anything under 10 hours is quicker by car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.