1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke tubes and different size bores

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I had to explain this several times recently so decided to post this as to the best of my knowledge it is correct feel free to correct me if wrong or you would like to add something I forgot or missed.
    Buddy

The way choke tubes work is simple the key is the bottom of the choke mouth being larger than the bore so as the shot comes down the bore 732/733/735 it jumps into the 740 ID of the choke mouth and then the choke constricts to what you need F/M/IM /LM / IC /CYL. If the bore is 732 then the choke will be tighter by 3 thousands. Briley uses different series depending on Bore size my 723 bore uses S1 series and my 735 bore gets S2 series and they have more for different bore size barrels.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My 90T has a 745 bore and takes SPII Brileys ( thin wall) best chokes I have ever used- You must be bored Buddy, hope you recover from the surgery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.