1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CHOKE TUBE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686

686 TS Member

if you had only 2 sets of choke for sporting clays what would they be? i am thinking 1 set ic and 1 set im . thanks charles

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

IC and LM. Depends what courses you shoot. A lot of Super Sporters shoot LM, but always use quality ammo. Most clubs don't have the room to throw Mod/IMod distance targets. You'd be surprised what a LM will break w/3dram 7.5's!

3. Bob A

Bob A TS Member

I used to shoot with a guy who just couldn't be bothered with all of the choke changing we frequently see. We shot together for a couple of years in summer and fall leagues and registered and he posted excellent scores. He always shot with IC in the bottom and LM in the top. Never changed a choke. Trouble is, he was one of those guys who seems to center just about every bird. Except for the occasional long shot, he really wasn't at a disadvantage. He usually kicked my butt.

Bob

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

If I only had two chokes, I'd find another sport.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I've settled in on two chokes. IC and LM. Plenty of choke for the longer shots 40-60yd and not to tight for up close work. If you ever want to find out what choke will work for long yardage, try it out on the trap field. You'd be surprised by the quality of break that A LM has at the 27yd line. The better shooters rarely change choke tubes.

BTW,I have shot an entire couse with SK1 before when I used an autoloader.

ec90t

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

In an O/U I would choose I/C and Lt. Mod. In a semi-auto I would use Lt. Mod. or an I/C; whichever you seemed to do better with after giving them both a chance. Ed

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Oh my god another difference between trap and sporting shooters, sporting shooters can agree about something. Lol.

ec90t

8. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.