1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke tube thoughts Briley vs Wrights vs others

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have some thoughts on choke tubes and wanted to throw this out here to see what other shooters think. I have been shooting Briley chokes for some time now and they work just fine good quality. I was given a couple of Wrights tubes and they are target eating chokes also high quality very happy with them also. I also have Perazzi chokes in a TM1 and TMX and never even thought of changing them either work better than I can shoot. I have a friend that is a very good Sporting Clays shooter and they use lots of Pure Gold chokes and Rhino chokes really long extended and mostly ported. They mostly shoot 15 IM or 20 thousands Mod tubes out to 40 yards or more. I said I would have thought they would use a tighter choke for 40-45 yard targets. They said no they are crushing them with these chokes at that yardage. So I borrowed a couple of these chokes and started shooting them and they are right I am crushing targets with these chokes just as well as my tighter tubes. I think it is the longer parallel section of these longer chokes that make them work at these long ranges must have some thing to do with the shot string I wish I new but they work great broke a 97 first time I shot the 15 LM choke in my 303 that is a good score for me. Anyone else shooting these tubes for trap? or your thoughts choke tubes are all unique unto them selves I'm sure so trial and error seems to be the only way to select the best.

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Presently using Comp-N-Chokes in my BPS and SuperX2 and am totally satisfied with their performance!

Have tried Pure Gold extended chokes in my 85TSS and found them to be outstanding especially for those looooong shots! Also have had great patterns out of SKB's Comp flush chokes. Very surprising performance for flush tubes!

Have recently switched to a set of Seminole chokes for my SKB and am finding very tight, consistent patterns with the "open" constrictions (Skeet & I.C.) The Modified tube delivers one of the most perfect patterns at 35 yds with 1oz of hard #8 shot that I have ever seen! Great chokes at discounted prices right now (buy 3 get 1 free)!

AndyH ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.