1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke tube speed wrench question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by open choke, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open choke

open choke TS Member

This may sound like a dumb question but.....

Will the briley speed wrench work on carlson choke tubes? I know briley makes the browning chokes but the notches on my browning chokes are larger than the carlsons notches.

My friends blaser came with a set of briley chokes and his wrench fit perfect; do make the notches different.

I don't like the carlson univeral wrench it's a 2 step process. I still have to use the flat key to give it that extra tighten cause the rubber coated tension slips off.

This is the wrench I'm looking to getting....the colors match to my friends wrench

[​IMG]

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I have a set of Briley Thinwalls and I can use the Thinwall speed wrench for them and my Browning... I believe the notches on the Thinwalls are somewhat narrower and I just make sure the wrench is seated well and doesn't slip... an option...

Jay

3. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

The Briley wrench works by using the notches. The Carlson's wrench works by compression. Get the Carlson wrench. It will work with any choke.

[​IMG]

4. Scotty585

Scotty585 Member

I use that same wrench on both Carlsons and Brileys, the notches do fit.

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The Carlson wrench only works on well maintained chokes. It won't get a stuck choke out, it just slips around. I was looking at a gun at Cabelas and I told them I would buy it after we made sure we could get the chokes out. Salesman went over to the shelf and got a brand new Carlsons wrench out, but couldn't break loose the choke. We eventually found a notched wrench and broke them loose. Mark

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I disagree. The self tightening wrenchs like Carlson do not work well. They wont remove a tight choke and will not tighten them sufficiently. get a wrench with notches. I have had them all

7. open choke

open choke TS Member

That's what I was saying once I get the choke in I have to use the flat metal one to give it a little extra otherwise it will loosen.

Thanks guys I'll pick one up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser choke wrench

briley speed wrench