1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CHOKE TUBE SELECTION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CRAIG SIDES, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRAIG SIDES

CRAIG SIDES TS Member

I HAVE A 28" BROWNING OVER AND UNDER. I HAVE INSTALLED 2" EXTENSION PORTED CHOKE TUBES TO MAKE MY SKEET GUN MORE OF A TRAP GUN. I HAVE INSTALLED A FULL ON TOP AND AN IMPROVED ON THE BOTTOM BARREL. DO YOU THINK IT IS ENOUGH, AND SHOULD I UTILIZE THE TOP OR BOTTOM WHEN SHOOTING SINGLES?

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

First off Trap guns are trap guns because of the way they are set up by the cut of the rib and stock to get them to shoot higher then a skeet or field gun. Length of barrel doesnt matter to an extent they are personal preference.
    I was told when I started shoot what ya brung have fun and relax,if you can hit them with it more power to you.

Shooters useing o/u prefere to shoot the lower as it has less percieved recoil, and imp mod choke and full are the 2 chokes you will probly want to start trying first.

Good luck and bust em up!!

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

choke selection for trap

choke selection for trap shooting

trap choke selection

trap choke tube selection

trap shooting forums choke tube selection