1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

choke tube??s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ross, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Thinking about having choke tubes put in my Rem 31, it's currently full choke but there are times I kinda wish I could open it up a little for some other games. Don't want to just have it opened to modified or IC, as it will still remain my gun for trap. Any personal experience welcome, also recommendations as to who--where--brand--type--turn around time--price-etc. Thanks, Ross Puls

2. potatodigger1

potatodigger1 Member

i know these barrels aren't laying around like 870's, but if you could find another barrel and have that one opened up??? then you don't "ruin" the factory barrel you have, hate to see a nice original messed up. just a thought. matt.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

potatodigger1: That would be my 1st choice but haven't been able to find a spare, and they don't always interchange without re-fitting. Thanks-- Ross

4. Full N. Fuller

Full N. Fuller Member

I would leave it as it is. That is what I do and it works fine. Knowing I don't have any room for slop on skeet and 10 yard rabbits with my full choke forces me to execute properly. Chokes are a poor substitute for executing properly anyway. They are also a pain to clean, and letting one come la bit loose can result in a bulged barrel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.