1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke tube pattern

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

This is from 90' our local turkey shoot distance. load was remington game-1oz,7.5, browning-bore .742 bottom,.741 top,bottom is overall more dense over 9 shots,choke is kicks cardshooter .650. any thoughts after looking at pattern--good? bad? could be better?? first time i shot i used the briley full choke and won 2 of three shots so this pattern should win as well,probably even more,the full was no where close to this dense on the white paper,i just got very lucky with a pellet the first time around.

Bill

[​IMG]

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Much as I'd like have an opinion, nipper, there's not much I understand, so far. Is it 90 feet to the target? What is the target? How bib is the white paper? What's this about 9 shots? Anything else you can add will be a help, though there are probably posters who know _exactly_ what you are talking about.

Neil

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

9 shots meaning--i patterned the load on the same target using the briley full choke out of the bottom and top barrel and then the kicks card shooter out of the bottom and top barrel, the distance to target is 90', this load again-remington game-7.5 shot,1oz. out of either barrel shoots 8" high at this distance so my aim point is 8" below the white 8.5" x 11" paper,the target is the same target used at shoot minus the craft paper i taped the target too in order to see the overall pattern. thats about all i can add.

Bill

4. willyo

willyo TS Member

nipper
    You might try buffering your shot to give a tighter pattern. With grix or one of the commercial shot buffing fillers. 8 to 13 grains in weight pour in loaded un-crimped shotshell.

Another thought.insert a rolled peice of acetate or other semi rigid plastic sheet the height of the shot column just wide enough to complete the "roll" inside of the shot cup.

Are you using a folded or roll crimp?

Bill

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

the load is what is used at the shoot,supplied by them, i bought a box of the same load they use.

bill

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

The reminton game loads are a decent factory load. I like them. 1oz 7.5s @ 1290fps. I would quess everyone shoots the same load? Also ammo is supplied by club. I think what you would have to do is count howmany holes are in the cards for the nine shots. Average them out and get your percentage out of the average pellet count with 1oz 7.5 350 by chart above ? We did a simular card shoot with #6 game loads, kinda os luck of the draw. you won by most pellets. If its a fun shoot with braggin rights and no money to be one. trust your gun and where it shoots and spray and pray. I have a slug shoot coming up. It will cost more in ammo than the event and prize is worth. All fun

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I don't know anything at all about card shoots but I heard that way back the Winchester Model 97 was supposed to be the gun that won the most.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.