1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke Tube Illegal to list on Calif. based Ebay

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Placed an ad on ebay for a Browning Midas grade choke tube. They deleted my ad because a CHOKE TUBE is a part or accessory that allows guns to fire. Make sure your item complies with the California penal code covering the sale of weapons. I wasn't aware that a choke tube was a part of a guns firing mechanism. Anyone out there got any comments on this??

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Never ceases to amaze me when gunowners complain about anti-gun eBay.

3. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

eBay bumped my auction for a rail riser.

But this is a free country and eBay is a private company that should be allowed to make its own decisions.

Curious though, if they were true believers they would not allow pistol grips, bayonet lugs or folding stocks, because those items can turn a semi-auto into a dreaded "assault weapon".

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"If you are prohibited from selling a firearm or part, that is an infringment."</I></blockquote>

You're confused. It would be an infringement only if you were prohibited from selling directly to the buyer. When you consign the item to a third party, they are completely within their rights to refuse to broker the sale for you if it violates their published policies.

MK

5. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

The Second Amendment and its "infringment clause" only applies to the congress and hopfully soon to the states(through McDonald v. Chicago )E-Bay is free to do what it likes

6. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

"The next case the NRA needs to present to the Supreme Court is that it is an "infringement" as the right to bare arms, to prohibit the trade of a lawful item, such as a firearm, parts or components, including ammunition. "

We do not want the Supreme Court gettng involved in the private business of two individuals.

7. slodsm

slodsm Member

I have to agree. It's a private company and can do what it wants. I don't feel we need anymore government intervention into private business even if it would for once benefit the firearms community. It just opens doors that should be left closed.

8. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

now days, if someone bought the choke and just happened to let the air out of a burgler with the gun the choke was installed in... ebay would naturally get sued...

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The folks need new tinfoil hats.
    A choke tube is not part of the gun's firing mechanism.

An ebay restriction is not a law.

I see reloading stuff on there all the time, maybe they don't know what it is.

Waiting for the Left Coast to slide into the ocean.

HM

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Uh.... it's not "reloading equipment".

It's "green technology metal recycling equipment".

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Choke tubs should be allowed on ebay for public safety. If a burglar broke into your home and you used a shotgun for defense, most certainly you would want to change the choke tube before you shot, or shot at the intruder. It would be embarrassing to have less than a nice pattern on the chest of a burglar.

It is critical, for home defense, to have a selection of choke tubes, and the tube wrench, on a night stand by your bed.

Pat Ireland

12. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Paypal has a similar prejudicial policy against certain firearms related items. I'll bet Paypal and Ebay would allow the sale of any kind of abortion materials or gay marriage enhancing hardware though:^)

13. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Paypal has a similar prejudicial policy against certain firearms related items. I'll bet Paypal and Ebay would allow the sale of any kind of abortion materials or gay marriage enhancing hardware though:^)

14. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

15. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

16. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Posting the same ridiculous statement 4 times doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

MK

17. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Isn't it amazing how eBay bans the sale of empty hulls and brass for reloading, but freely allows reloading equipment to be listed and sold? ....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.