1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke Tube ID help w/ pic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

<center>
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=001-4.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><br/><br/>
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=002-8.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <br/><br/>
    </center>

Trying to source some replacement extended chokes for a friend in Australia.

The choke measures 1.500" OAL, .762 OD. The threaded section is .540" in length. It has EXTREMELY fine V threads. I don't have a pitch gauge fine enough, but measuring w/ calipers I come up with 50 TPI (.020" from the top of one V to the next).

I originally thought it was a tru-choke or tru-choke thinwall from pics he'd sent me, but the OD is much smaller than either of those, and theses aren't threaded as much as those either.

Any thoughts? If I can't come up with anything else, I can always send it to Briley and have them duplicate it, but if I can find something non-custom, that'd be even better.

The gun is a Perazzi o/u. Factory threaded on the bottom barrel for Generation 2 chokes. Top was originally fixed, so this is someones aftermarket install.

2. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

skeet_man,

They almost look like the old style Browning invector choke tubes. I wouldn't think anyone would have Browning chokes put in a Perazzi though.

3. skeet_man

I agree it looks like invector, but its not. Threads are WAY finer than the Invector, and the OD is much smaller as well.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Looks like an after market thin wall flush version of the Perazzi 2nd. generation or 3rd. gen. choke.

OAL, tread length, thread gaps are the same as factory choke without the extension, OD is the same as the threaded end section of the factory choke too.

5. skeet_man

I thought the perazzi gen 2's were threaded @ the muzzle.

6. Steve W

1st Gen. (as Perazzi call it) Choke has thread at muzzle.

7. skeet_man

So then this is incorrect?

If the gen one is the threads at the muzzle, than the bottom barrel factory choke is a gen 1.

8. Steve W

That's the way Briley calls it. They make great chokes, but their definition is incorrect. The one they call 2nd. generation is actually 1st generation.

They missed the factory 2nd.or 3rd. generation choke, which the 2nd. gen. looks like the first gen. but thread at bottom.

I'll show you a picture of factory chokes

[​IMG]

1st gen. on left, 2nd. gen. on right:
    [​IMG]

9. Steve W

Does your top barrel is longer than the bottom barrel?
    [​IMG]

10. skeet_man

Steve- Thanks for the clarification. The factory choke is threaded at the muzzle, which I interpreted to be Gen 2 based on Briley's pic, but is actually Gen 1 based on your pics.

You are correct, my friends barrels match the one you showed (interesting choke in that pic, never seen one that was stepped like that).

He would like to get extended chokes for both barrels.

I'm not aware of anyone making a Gen 1 as a production item, so it looks like I might need to send BOTH chokes to Briley to be custom duplicated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

choke tube id pics