1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Choke Tube Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wxprof, Aug 10, 2013.

1. wxprof

wxprof TS Member

I need some help determining the type of choke I have in my gun. I own a Beretta Silver pigeon manufactured in 1997. I understand that the Optima choke was introduced in 2000 or 2001. I no longer have the owner manual and can't find one on-line. I want to buy some third party chokes, but don't know what to order. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Mike

2. JH

JH Well-Known Member

.Optima extended chokes had color bands denoting choke constriction....if it is a flush choke, take it out and show us the picture....

Regarding aftermarket chokes: just go to the webpage of any legitimate company (Briley, Carlson, Kick's, Pure Gold, Ballistics, etc.) and you will see what fits your bore/barrel (as long as it is still factory spec...sometimes people overbore their barrels and the inside diameter is no longer factory spec.)

3. wxprof

wxprof TS Member

Here is a picture of what is in the gun

[​IMG]

4. JH

JH Well-Known Member

It looks like a flush Skeet choke (SKT) and probably a Mobile rather than Optima choke....go to the Beretta USA webpage and look up chokes....or, give Beretta a call.....

5. wxprof

wxprof TS Member

Thanks to those that PM me. I found the answer is Mobil choke system.
    Again Thanks