1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

choke tube "HELP"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cunninmp, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

choke tube

I changed to all Angle Port Chokes in my BT-99 Golden Clays. They are

the Invector Plus Extended. Made a huge difference in the pattern

quality. I confirmed this on the pattern board.

I have over a dozen Browning chokes and only 1 of them comes close to the

marked constriction. It's a Modified and measures .019 constriction. If

you measure Briley's, Angle Ports, or Seminole Chokes, you'll find that

they are within a few ten thousands of an inch of true constriction.

You'll pay for the quality but when you see the patterns, it'll be well

worth it.

Mike C. Groveland, CA

2. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

choke tube

I had great luck and really good patterns w/ Wright chokes. They are nice people to deal with as well. John Terre

3. WZsembik

WZsembik Member

choke tube

You obviously need to make your own decision based on your own testing with your gun and loading. With that said, I have personally tried Seminole, Browning Midas, and Wrights choke tubes in my 99-Plus and 99-Max. The 99 Max likes the Seminole LF and the 99 Plus likes the Wrights W6 tube. I have "extensively" patterned (100+ shots and pictures) my 99 Plus. In that gun, the Midas Full threw a very very hot core...undesirable to me. The Seminole was more even, but the Wrights tube(s) threw a beautifully dispersed pattern. I have shot 1 oz, 7/8 oz, and 1 and 1/8 oz reloads through these tubes...same results, my Wrights #6 won in my eyes, based on what I was looking for. My scores bear this out when I sort my score data by choke used. I can regulate density to a degree baed on my 1 oz singles load based on Clay Dot that throws a nice IM pattern with this tube or a Full-like pattern if I use my caps load based on Green Dot

Your mileage may vary.

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

choke tube

I Do Not want To get In A P*ssing Contest With Anyone But, Wright'S Choke tubes Are Great!!!! The Only Choke Tubes I Have Found To Be "Out Of Whack" Are Standard Browning,Beretta Standard Mobile And Colonial. I Have Tested Carlson's Against Briley, Wright's, Tru-Lock and Comp-U-Choke And found VERY Little Difference In The Pattern Useing the Same Shell In Each. Just Saying!!!! Joe W.

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

choke tube

The measured constriction means nothing. All that matters is how large the pattern is downrange.

Unless the chokes are not round or are not bored straight, I've had four that moved my POI high and to the left, they will all pattern the same. Sorry, but, "I shoot really good with choke brand X" means nothing. Also, just looking at the pattern means nothing. There's too much going on to tell one pattern from another without counting holes and determining density through calculation. Do enough and you will find the chokes are the same or at least not significantly different.

The el-cheapo black oxide flush chokes that come with some Browning guns may be poorly made. However, the extended chokes they offer will be just as good as any choke made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

extended choke for bt-99 golden clays

extended choke tubes bt-99 golden clays